• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P322

you cannot train on .22lr for 9mm. it may even have an opposite effect as it will mess up your recoil handling and grip.
so are you saying if you carry a 9mm you should not shoot a similar 22lr because it will mess up your grip and recoil management? Or introducing the kids or a new shooter to a G44 before safely taking on the 19 would be a bad thing? I have quite a few 22lr pistols, lots a fun in the backyard that's why I have them

That I agree with, but still, I do get some translatable benefit from shooting anything when it comes to developing good fundamentals with trigger pull without jerking the muzzle.
to build up fundamentals it is indeed a best thing, if it can reliably hit a quarter at 10yds range when handled right. most of them can.
i was surprised of that cmmg glock conversion kit - it is a total garbage in .223 and dedicate AR upper, but for the glock it actually shoots ok. not as an olympic grade pistol, but, ok.

so are you saying if you carry a 9mm you should not shoot a similar 22lr because it will mess up your grip and recoil management? Or introducing the kids or a new shooter to a G44 before safely taking on the 19 would be a bad thing? I have quite a few 22lr pistols, lots a fun in the backyard that's why I have them
it is not what i say but you are free to treat anything i say any way you want to make your point.

>Or introducing the kids
my youngest had managed to get smacked in a forehead with a 9mm slide after shooting .22lr - was partially my fault for not intercepting properly in time. it worked out later, but, it still did happen. never happened again, of course...

It's important to remember that not all training is equal, nor should it be. Dry practice serves different purposes than force on force drills. Expecting either to replace the other is silly.

Bullseye is not the same as Steel Challenge. Neither is concealed carry. Either can be shot for its own purpose. They can each be used as training for the other as well as for carry. Eventually you have to ask what your goals are, and whether this tool or activity can be used to move you towards it.

That I agree with, but still, I do get some translatable benefit from shooting anything when it comes to developing good fundamentals with trigger pull without jerking the muzzle.
Yep. If it has a trigger, it's for me.
It's like John Lennon said. If you give me a tuba, I'll bring something out of it.

I plan to get one as soon as my LGS has one available (I moved South in 2015). I couldn't make a decision on either the G44 or the Tx22, but with the P322 being optic ready and 20 and 25 round mags available, I'm just gonna do it! If there are any problems that crop up, I'm sure Sig will take care of them. It's not a carry piece, so I won't care if it has any issues that require fixing.

Whoever gets one first, I look forward to a range report!

I’m sure it will be a fine gun, but the one possible problem Sig won’t be able to fix is if it doesn’t run reliably with a full sized red dot because it’s too heavy.
If Sig designed it to run with a small lightweight dot then you’ll be ok as long as that’s all you want.
I’m interested in more of a range toy and some light competition use, therefore I would want to mate it with a Holosun HS507C or SRO optic. They may be too heavy for the P322, which is why I’m leaning towards the TX22 SCR.

I’m sure it will be a fine gun, but the one possible problem Sig won’t be able to fix is if it doesn’t run reliably with a full sized red dot because it’s too heavy.
If Sig designed it to run with a small lightweight dot then you’ll be ok as long as that’s all you want.
I’m interested in more of a range toy and some light competition use, therefore I would want to mate it with a Holosun HS507C or SRO optic. They may be too heavy for the P322, which is why I’m leaning towards the TX22 SCR.
You bring up a good point, but I would think Sig gave that at least some thought. Why don't you give Sig a call and ask which sights it was tested with or what maximum weight was used in the design calculations to ensure reliable slide function? Ask for a technical customer service person and if they did not know off the top of their head, they could probably find out and get back to you. If you do call Sig, please post their answer, I'm sure many folks would appreciate it.

I won't be competing, so something light and inexpensive will be what I would be mounting.

I forgot to mention the FN 502 which I was also interested in until I saw that it was made by Umarex, I really would like to buy a made in USA product.

Whichever gun and sight you get, I would still look forward to a range report.

I’ll be at Sig next week for a class. It’s tempting to grab one while there if it’s available.
I’m already in the market for some 22 options with threaded barrels and have a Dead Air Mask pending approval.

I’ll be at Sig next week for a class. It’s tempting to grab one while there if it’s available.
I’m already in the market for some 22 options with threaded barrels and have a Dead Air Mask pending approval.

Hey Steve, if you have a chance, maybe you could ask Cuz' question (post#67) concerning reliable operation with full size/heavy red dots. Also if they are currently entering the supply chain now. Thanks.

Hey Steve, if you have a chance, maybe you could ask Cuz' question (post#67) concerning reliable operation with full size/heavy red dots. Also if they are currently entering the supply chain now. Thanks.
That would be awesome. I already have a Holosun 409T on my P365, but on a .22 range gun I would like to have a little bigger window.

If you get to fire one, I’d like to hear more about how the trigger reset feels. If it’s similar to the Glock, Sig 365, or even the Taurus TX22 then I’m still interested. If you have to release the trigger past the tactile “click”, then I’d be less interested.

I love that so many new guns are coming out in all different shapes, sizes, and calibers. It allows us to be quite picky about what we want in our next purchase.

That would be awesome. I already have a Holosun 409T on my P365, but on a .22 range gun I would like to have a little bigger window.

If you get to fire one, I’d like to hear more about how the trigger reset feels. If it’s similar to the Glock, Sig 365, or even the Taurus TX22 then I’m still interested. If you have to release the trigger past the tactile “click”, then I’d be less interested.

I love that so many new guns are coming out in all different shapes, sizes, and calibers. It allows us to be quite picky about what we want in our next purchase.
I tried 2 of them and there is definitely a noticeable click on reset. Why does that bother you?

I tried 2 of them and there is definitely a noticeable click on reset. Why does that bother you?
It doesn’t “bother” me per say. It’s just that I’m primarily a Glock shooter so I shoot off the trigger reset. Which means as soon as I release the trigger to the point of feeling the click of the trigger resetting, I start the pull sequence for the next shot.

Some firearms, like the Ruger 9mm have to be released much further past the tactile click before they can be fired again. That type of trigger just doesn’t work for me personally because as soon as I feel the click I start to pull again, and the Ruger won’t fire because the trigger wasn’t reset enough to allow it to fire. This annoys me. It may not matter to most people, but if you spend 98% of your range time shooting Glocks, you develop a habit, and I like shooting similar trigger types and I don’t care for other types. The Sig P365 is very similar to a Glock trigger and in some respects better, so I like it a lot. Same with the Taurus TX22. So whether or not I end up buying a pair of the Sig P322 pistols will depend on if they can support a larger red dot, and how the trigger feels.

I don’t mean to slight the gun in any way, like I said earlier, there are so many options, it’s great to be able to pick and choose whatever you want. I jumped in much too quickly and bought a Glock 44 just because it was a Glock and it was a mistake. It has a pretty shitty trigger, and won’t run with a red dot. I don’t need it as a true “trainer” pistol so it was a waste for me. I much prefer the TX22, and that is no easy thing for me to say.

It doesn’t “bother” me per say. It’s just that I’m primarily a Glock shooter so I shoot off the trigger reset. Which means as soon as I release the trigger to the point of feeling the click of the trigger resetting, I start the pull sequence for the next shot.

Some firearms, like the Ruger 9mm have to be released much further past the tactile click before they can be fired again. That type of trigger just doesn’t work for me personally because as soon as I feel the click I start to pull again, and the Ruger won’t fire because the trigger wasn’t reset enough to allow it to fire. This annoys me. It may not matter to most people, but if you spend 98% of your range time shooting Glocks, you develop a habit, and I like shooting similar trigger types and I don’t care for other types. The Sig P365 is very similar to a Glock trigger and in some respects better, so I like it a lot. Same with the Taurus TX22. So whether or not I end up buying a pair of the Sig P322 pistols will depend on if they can support a larger red dot, and how the trigger feels.

I don’t mean to slight the gun in any way, like I said earlier, there are so many options, it’s great to be able to pick and choose whatever you want. I jumped in much too quickly and bought a Glock 44 just because it was a Glock and it was a mistake. It has a pretty shitty trigger, and won’t run with a red dot. I don’t need it as a true “trainer” pistol so it was a waste for me. I much prefer the TX22, and that is no easy thing for me to say.
are you aware of the advantage arms (why did i think it was cmmg?) insert for glocks? i run it in the g17 and it is just fine. you just swap out a slide.
not a best site to buy it from, but shows the selection

are you aware of the advantage arms (why did i think it was cmmg?) insert for glocks? i run it in the g17 and it is just fine. you just swap out a slide.
not a best site to buy it from, but shows the selection
Lol, yeah, I have two of them. They were finicky, and never really ran reliably. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve shot them.

Lol, yeah, I have two of them. They were finicky, and never really ran reliably. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve shot them.
they just need to be broken in. cci mini mags run them fine.

they just need to be broken in. cci mini mags run them fine.
Lol, they were hit or miss at best. Mine both had plenty of ammo from various manufacturers through them to be well broken in before I gave up on them. Back then I wanted something to sit on my glock frames that would be a true trainer. They didn’t cut it. I’m not looking for that anymore.

When I think of .22lr pistols , I think of a target style pistol. Something along the lines of the Woodsman , or the many High Standard models. Personally , I'm not a fan of .22s like the one mentioned in this thread.

Well, I guess I may have to wait a bit if there are more reviews like that, disappointing. Or I could just dive in and take my chances, cause like I said, it isn 't a carry gun.

That sucks to see but almost expected.
Every time a new gun comes out there are always hiccups, just depends on how big and how frequent.

I expect the typical ammo issues with a 22 but what’s causing the frame damage?

My short list of 22 I’m looking at getting are
Ruger 45/22 Lite,
FN 502 Tactical,
Taurus TX22
Sig P322 (now that’s it’s released)

That sucks to see but almost expected.
Every time a new gun comes out there are always hiccups, just depends on how big and how frequent.

I expect the typical ammo issues with a 22 but what’s causing the frame damage?

My short list of 22 I’m looking at getting are
Ruger 45/22 Lite,
FN 502 Tactical,
Taurus TX22
Sig P322 (now that’s it’s released)
Just get the TX22, you won't be disappointed. Well except for the sights being horrible but you can replace them with nice adjustable sights from Tandemkross like I did.
Or if you want to run an optic, just buy the TX22 competition.

Lol, they were hit or miss at best. Mine both had plenty of ammo from various manufacturers through them to be well broken in before I gave up on them. Back then I wanted something to sit on my glock frames that would be a true trainer. They didn’t cut it. I’m not looking for that anymore.
dear Sir, you have jinxed my AA slide! :)
I tried shooting it today it it would not cycle, on same mini mags it used to like very much last summer. indeed it is a PITA.
i do not even recall now what it was i did during the winter - i may have returned the frame to stock trigger and connector, will need to check again of what it was in there before.

it shoots, spits out the case fine, but does not go back far enough to pick up the next round. very annoying.

dear Sir, you have jinxed my AA slide! :)
I tried shooting it today it it would not cycle, on same mini mags it used to like very much last summer. indeed it is a PITA.
i do not even recall now what it was i did during the winter - i may have returned the frame to stock trigger and connector, will need to check again of what it was in there before.

it shoots, spits out the case fine, but does not go back far enough to pick up the next round. very annoying.

Sorry to hear that. I think it was during the 2008 ammo shortage when a bunch of us got them. The plan was to be able to practice action pistol shooting with all our Glock gear. Turned out we mostly spent time practicing how to clear jams. I hope you get yours figured out and working again.

Sorry to hear that. I think it was during the 2008 ammo shortage when a bunch of us got them. The plan was to be able to practice action pistol shooting with all our Glock gear. Turned out we mostly spent time practicing how to clear jams. I hope you get yours figured out and working again.
It’s ok. I kinda gave up on it anyway. Will try again some time with ghost connector and over watch trigger- I think that was a working configuration, but, I want a proper competition pistol for .22lr. It just will speed up that process.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Armory Craft adjustable trigger on their P322. I put another 100 or so rounds through mine and they are running great. Then I saw this trigger and now I “need” one. If they have a Black Friday sale, I’m pretty sure I’ll end up getting one to try. Mostly just because it comes in red…

Back
Top Bottom