• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig p320 X five 10 rd mag questions

I have a new sig P320 X Five MA complient

Looking to buy a few additional mags

I thought a saw that it takes a special mag SIG on the footplate, not the Sig Sauer On the footplate

Can some one tell me if this is true?

Also do you know a mass dealer that stocks the Mags

I checked online at Sig and only saw mags with Sis Sauer on the footplate

Thanks in advance

The older style P320 magazines had a round detent that was used to disassemble the mag. You want the newer version which has a square detent. Just like the ones that came with your x five.

Worst case scenario you can sand off the tabs on the side of the baseplate. I got my X5 before they made the baseplate change to support 10 round mags in the X5 frame. I’ve since replaced them all with springer precision base plates that work great also.

How is it holding up in the long term? I've had my eye on one for a while but have been teetering between the G34 and this. Opinions?

I called the Sig Pro shop in NH and ordered two

As far as the online sale, I could not see the correct Mag online so that is why I called.

thanks for the responses

I wouldn't buy new mags for the X5. Trim the base plates and they work fine. If you're using the magwell funnel then you'll need to use different plates (I use springer precision's) or new mags for the X5.

Does anybody know what is different about the "MA compliant" version of the X-5? Mine came with no safety and a trigger pull in the 4 lb. range, which is not typically a MA-compliant combo. Is it because this is a competition or target pistol versus a defensive one that gets around this issue?

Back
Top Bottom