• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 X File

Just pick d up a new Sig P320 X Five

I like it shot about 100 rounds today

I think the triger is about 5-6 lb

I will get 500 through it and probable dry fire 1000
I am thinking I may need to modify the trigger looking to remove pre travel and lighten to 3+ lbs

Thinking of Graygun or apex any advice on a local Ma gunsmith to do the triger job or install the graygun kit?

I don't want to send it out would rather drop it off and pick it up

Any advice would be apreseated

Planning on n shooting USPSA and/or IDPA in the spring

Of note I am a 1911 fan like a 1911 with 3 lb trigger

I want to get the Sig as close as I can to that

Thank for responding

I know it will be different from a 1911, but hoping to remove the pre travel and lighten the triger so I can reduce my shot to shot time, with it being the 9mm I can tell I am back on target faster but I am slower executing the follow up shots

Part is just getting use to the gun but part is the longer trigger pull and extra effort needed to pull the trigger

Faster splits will come from releasing the trigger sooner and prepping it sooner. Pre-travel isn't going to make a difference because no one can ride the reset at speed. Chasing faster splits is fun, but really a waste of time.

Anyways, cool gun, have fun shooting USPSA

Just pick d up a new Sig P320 X Five

I like it shot about 100 rounds today

I think the triger is about 5-6 lb

I will get 500 through it and probable dry fire 1000
I am thinking I may need to modify the trigger looking to remove pre travel and lighten to 3+ lbs

Thinking of Graygun or apex any advice on a local Ma gunsmith to do the triger job or install the graygun kit?

I don't want to send it out would rather drop it off and pick it up

Any advice would be apreseated

Planning on n shooting USPSA and/or IDPA in the spring

Of note I am a 1911 fan like a 1911 with 3 lb trigger

I want to get the Sig as close as I can to that

Why not shooting 1911 - in a Single Stack division? I mean, instead of making a firearm that is NOT a 1911 to be "like" 1911?

PS. I have X5 but mostly because I wanted something different from the Block.

Last edited:
I may shoot the 1911 I use to shoot it in IDPA

Thought I would shoot the sig in production to start USPSA with the incease number of rounds USPSA vs IDPA thinking a 9mm would be nice

Thanks for responding

Back
Top Bottom