• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 X-Carry: sparks from ejector port?

I had an odd experience with my Sig P320 X-Carry yesterday. I bought this pistol last January, and have had it at the range maybe five times since then, for a total of about 500 rounds. I take it apart and clean it after each range session, and I've also done some dry-firing, always using dummy rounds. I haven't noticed any problems with the pistol before: it works smoothly, no stoppages or malfunctions, and when I can hold straight it's quite accurate. However, yesterday it seemed to be throwing sparks from the ejection port on some of the rounds - not every round, just some. I haven't seen this before that I can remember.

Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

I don't think so, but I have a memory like a sieve, so I'm not entirely sure. Would using Tul explain what I saw?

Another thought I had: When you reassemble an X-Carry after cleaning it, the recoil spring guide has to be correctly aligned and positioned, or the slide won't even go back on the frame. Could the guide have been very slightly out of alignment - close enough that the gun still worked, but off by just enough that something was rubbing somewhere and striking off tiny splinters as it did?

I don't think so, but I have a memory like a sieve, so I'm not entirely sure. Would using Tul explain what I saw?

Another thought I had: When you reassemble an X-Carry after cleaning it, the recoil spring guide has to be correctly aligned and positioned, or the slide won't even go back on the frame. Could the guide have been very slightly out of alignment - close enough that the gun still worked, but off by just enough that something was rubbing somewhere and striking off tiny splinters as it did?
Tula is super sparky. Its like a bad Roman candle lol. Definitely would explain it. Do you shoot steel case?

Tula is super sparky. Its like a bad Roman candle lol. Definitely would explain it. Do you shoot steel case?

That would definitely explain it, yes.

I'm afraid I haven't been very selective in my choice of practice ammunition. I'm on a very tight budget, so I've been buying a box or two of whatever was cheapest before each range trip. I usually go to Shooter's Outpost because they seem to do better at keeping 9mm in stock. They had Blazer in stock last week -- I think I'll get a box of that and see how a few rounds of it works. If I see any more sparks I'll get the gun checked for problems. Sound like a good plan?

That would definitely explain it, yes.

I'm afraid I haven't been very selective in my choice of practice ammunition. I'm on a very tight budget, so I've been buying a box or two of whatever was cheapest before each range trip. I usually go to Shooter's Outpost because they seem to do better at keeping 9mm in stock. They had Blazer in stock last week -- I think I'll get a box of that and see how a few rounds of it works. If I see any more sparks I'll get the gun checked for problems. Sound like a good plan?

Yeah thats probably the right call... i make no judgements lol I shoot steel case all the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom