• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 lawsuit

Dupe!

This made the news on WCVB last night. I haven’t been following this because I don’t own one. Story started out with the problem first encountered by some Canadian military unit.
looks like the US military forced sig to upgrade all pistols before they would accept.

Isnt this the a**h*** who put a p320 in a p229/6 holster?

IIRC there are like 2 or 3 lawsuits now but who knows. One of them involved the supplied holster with the gun but I smell some bullshit.

The funny thing is the incidents listed in the appendices of some of these lawsuits are sort of chilling. Problem is none of them seem to point to a
real cause. One of them supposedly has video, but I havent been able to find it. Guy is sitting in a cop car with another guy, his gun his holstered. He moves, gun fires in
holster. Cop turns to other cops and says something like "you did just see that, right? I wasnt touching anything and it fired!" or similar.

If the gun is defective, and it was an accidental discharge,
the plaintiffs should have no difficulty getting the gun to malfunction again in court.

If the gun is well-designed, and it was a negligent discharge,
the defendants should be able to put it through thousands of test cycles
without malfunctioning.

db6afccac70dc671b5ecf06b36b5d3f3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom