• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 Compacts Are In Stock Today

yanici

NES Member
FS tweeted that they got some Sig P320 Compacts in 9MM in today. Comes with manual safety to be MA compliant but the trigger group is the nice one that everyone else has. Comes with night sights and two mags. Price is $588 cash or $624 after taxes, $599 credit +tax. They're goin' out the door fast, so if you want one better get hoppin'.

hey thanks for sharing man..i would sooo run out an get one..but im still waiting for the p320rx compact to drop.

hey thanks for sharing man..i would sooo run out an get one..but im still waiting for the p320rx compact to drop.
How long did it take the P320 to drop. I wouldn't hold my breath for the rx.....but if you happen upon one let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

14045639_1679588648930207_7711671761734973761_n.jpg

DPR- can you post a picture of the FCU (fire control unit) for this model? i'm wondering if it's possible to remove the thumb safety. you basically just remove the slide, pull out the take down lever and the FCU/chassis pulls straight up out of the grip.

when I took the P320 armorer course we briefly discussed the thumb safety but even the instructor wasn't sure how the engineers were going to work it into the FCU. So essentially we didn't cover this topic. I'm wondering if it's removable.

No, picture is copied/pasted from another site. I was talking to some folks this weekend about it though. Same question as you but nobody was sure. My two cents is that it probably can't be removed. If agencies wanted an external safety I'm sure they would not want the end user to be able to remove it easily. If you find out please let me know. Any word if these models have specific grip modules?

Grips have a slot for the safety.

doesn't matter. per design the thumb safety cannot be housed in the grip. it must attached at the FCU. based on location the thumb safety goes right through the rear sear housing. my guess it they did something similar to the M&P design. i'm willing to bet one could remove that thumb safety in < 5 minutes and have a fully functional pistol sans safety.

doesn't matter. per design the thumb safety cannot be housed in the grip. it must attached at the FCU. based on location the thumb safety goes right through the rear sear housing. my guess it they did something similar to the M&P design. i'm willing to bet one could remove that thumb safety in < 5 minutes and have a fully functional pistol sans safety.

I agree, hypothetically it should be easy to remove, and if you really want to, buy a free state grip module. They're cheap enough.

The regular models do not have a slot in the grip.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So anyone here grab one of these?
I have a brand new M&P 9C that I may trade in or sell outright
as it feels just a tad small in my hand (still need to feel it out a bit now that is has a good trigger)
and grab one of these or a VP9, a bit on the fence right now.

I'll be picking one up soon but first I want to get my 1911, then the H&K P30sk....maybe by that time, the price may come down somewhat.

do the VP9's have the shitty Mass 10 pound triggers on them? I believe the P320's have great triggers out of the box?

isn't the Sig trigger still the "normal" trigger you can get out of state?

yes

- - - Updated - - -

do the VP9's have the shitty Mass 10 pound triggers on them? I believe the P320's have great triggers out of the box?

Varmint's point is that Sig chooses to modify their guns with stupid thumb safeties, etc. to what they perceive as being needed in MA. on the other hand, HK doesn't change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

That manual safety is down-right fugly.

agreed

- - - Updated - - -

I have a VP9, it has a really nice trigger. I haven't shot a P320C yet but I've fondled one, it also has a nice trigger....

i also liked the VP9 but the P320 is in a league of its own. the stock P320 trigger is incredible. simple yet functional design. the P320 trigger has almost no grit. the takeup is wicked smooth, in large part due to the clever firing pin safety design. instead of pushing up on the firing pin safety (typical design), the P320 has a slanted design so it's two rounded surfaces articulating together. the firing pin safety is also part of the firing pin itself, rather than a separate entity within the slide. genius design.

compared to the P320, the VP9 internals look like a 19th century watch. beautifully done, but damn complex. i was considering disassembling my VP9 for fun but after discussion w my gunsmith (Tim Gostling) decided against it!

Last edited:
Sig always chooses to Massify, HK does not. I wish Sig would wake up.

HK doesn't sell nearly as many guns as Sig does in MA. The target on their back isn't as large. Who cares anyways, just buy the un****ed version if you don't want the lever.

-Mike

I'm sure there's a demand with the former Glock owners that put a hole in their lower body.

For every person shot by their own pistol, the tool did its job. Do we really believe that extra knobs and switches can protect a human from their own stupidity? Naaah.

theres a reason why theyre called the bang switch and the booger hook.

Back
Top Bottom