SIG P320 Compact MA approved on Gunbroker?

I've been looking for a SIG P320 9mm Compact and it's been tough.[sad]

I saw one on Gunbroker that comes with 2 10 round magazines. I'm assuming that's MA Approved?[thinking]

Are there other differences between free state models and MA P320's beside the 10 round mags?
I didn't see a specific model # on the MA Approved List.

Anyone with more knowledge on this please comment before i buy/transfer.
Thanks in advance.

Technically the MA model has the safety.

says who? Sig? EOPS? You?

this is all conjecture.

OP the only opinion that matters is the FFL willing to do your transfer. the remaining opinions of everyone else are irrelevant.

Plus, Four Seasons is raffling off a SIG P320 compact for HAVA according to their thanksgiving week sale ad.

Last edited:
Plus, Four Seasons is raffleing off a SIG P320 compact for HAVA according to their thanksgiving week sale ad.
If 4 seasons is raffeling one off its most likely approved they are one of the more conservative/stringent retailers with the rules.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

You need to check for the proper MA model number. I was at the SIG Academy store the other day and the MA approved version does have the manual safety. I have been looking to get one for a while so I did take notice.

I've been looking for a SIG P320 9mm Compact and it's been tough.[sad]

I saw one on Gunbroker that comes with 2 10 round magazines. I'm assuming that's MA Approved?[thinking]

Are there other differences between free state models and MA P320's beside the 10 round mags?
I didn't see a specific model # on the MA Approved List.

Anyone with more knowledge on this please comment before i buy/transfer.
Thanks in advance.

You need to bring this subject up with your inbounding FFL. NOTHING else actually matters.

-Mike

says who? Sig? EOPS? You?

this is all conjecture.

OP the only opinion that matters is the FFL willing to do your transfer. the remaining opinions of everyone else are irrelevant.
Says sig.......the ma compliant models have a manual safety

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You need to check for the proper MA model number. I was at the SIG Academy store the other day and the MA approved version does have the manual safety. I have been looking to get one for a while so I did take notice.

wanna show me where on the EOPS list there's a model number? And we all know there's no model numbers on the AG "list" either. So who decides which model number of a firearm is okay for MA FFL to sell. We know Ruger tried and made a mess of the MK III sales in Ma.

Thats all that Squib was saying.

image.png

wanna show me where on the EOPS list there's a model number? And we all know there's no model numbers on the AG "list" either. So who decides which model number of a firearm is okay for MA FFL to sell. We know Ruger tried and made a mess of the MK III sales in Ma.

View attachment 183106

I will rephrase. The model SIG says is MA compliant has the safety.

I hadn't checked the EOPs since the P320s adoption. You are correct no model numbers are given like the P250. At one point I recall the P225 used to have a model number given as well, but I don't see that on the current list. Well our state money hard at work keeping things interesting for all.

From what I have gathered the Mass Model is different. There is a thread on here dealing with someone going to convert, since by the way the gun is designed you should be able to switch frame sizes, calibers, etc. but for the Mass Model... takes a little more work because internals are different.

What will get confusing is the model will be the same, but SIG has two different SKUs in the system so if you get one transferred in, will it come back to bite you

See the thread here: https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/243726-Mass-Compliant-Sig-P320

You need to bring this subject up with your inbounding FFL. NOTHING else actually matters.

-Mike

There's the correct answer. I don't want a safety on mine. I'll be having this conversation with my FFL shortly.

320C-9-BSS-MA is the compact 9mm model with an external safety (MA) that you can purchase at a shop in Mass. BSS is a common configuration and you probably won't see any others in MA for a while.

320C-9-BSS is the model without an external safety that you probably saw on Gunbroker. Don't expect to purchase it and to do a simple transfer of this pistol.

Find the # of the pistol on gunbroker and then an FFL that will transfer it.

now all this being said about the thumb safety, my P320 has no thumb safety and i'm happy with it. however I recently did a trade with a fellow NESer. the topic of P320 came up and turns out he has model with thumb safety so I asked to check it out just for curiosity sake.

I was pleasantly surprised by the thumb safety setup. it was a firm on-off click, not likely to get actuated accidentally. it stuck out from the frame just enough for easy thumb manipulation but not likely to snag. the only real downside is that it made reaching the slide release rather difficult. so if I had the model with thumb safety I would just run the slide by slingshot method and not thumbing the slide drop...which I have been taught is preferable anyway. so while I still prefer a nonsafety model, the +safety model turned out much nicer than I expected.

Last edited:

View attachment 183106
I think Sig (for the most part) decides which models are to be sold at FFLs in Mass. I know an FFL could get whatever they want but......most all Sig pistols sold in Mass have an "M" in their description. A 226 sold in NH would be a P226-R while a 226 sold in Mass would be a P226-RM. Sig has taken a different approach to models/model #s available for sale in Mass than most other manufacturers.

I think Sig (for the most part) decides which models are to be sold at FFLs in Mass. I know an FFL could get whatever they want but......most all Sig pistols sold in Mass have an "M" in their description. A 226 sold in NH would be a P226-R while a 226 sold in Mass would be a P226-RM. Sig has taken a different approach to models/model #s available for sale in Mass than most other manufacturers.

none of us are contesting the notion that Sig (and other manufacturers) try to determine specifically which models they want sold in MA. the point is that it doesn't matter because Sig Sauer isn't the in-state FFL doing transfers. there's no reason to create extra rules, which is what ~2/3 of this thread is doing. Earlier posts explain this and RDG's post #12 puts into further detail. if it's still confusing then I give up clarifying.

Want to really confuse someone.

Take a a look at the most recent EOPS list... The 320C in 9mm isn't on there. Yet their being sold all over MA.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a a look at the most recent EOPS list... The 320C in 9mm isn't on there. Yet their being sold all over MA.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked. Although the list doesn't specify the P320C in 9mm it does list it as the Sig P320 in 9mm. All the calibers of the P320 are on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked. Although the list doesn't specify the P320C in 9mm it does list it as the Sig P320 in 9mm. All the calibers of the P320 are on the list.

none of us are contesting the notion that Sig (and other manufacturers) try to determine specifically which models they want sold in MA. the point is that it doesn't matter because Sig Sauer isn't the in-state FFL doing transfers. there's no reason to create extra rules, which is what ~2/3 of this thread is doing. Earlier posts explain this and RDG's post #12 puts into further detail. if it's still confusing then I give up clarifying.

This, jesus cwithe, people just need to stop caring about this crap.

-Mike

If you want to carry it avoid the safety unless you're skinny. I've heard that the safety really gouges you.

Probably avoidable if someone makes a kydex holster with a shield on the inside of it that has a cut in it for the safety.

Back
Top Bottom