• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG P320 compact legos....

I find the Legolas of the 320 fascinating. I didn't realize until this week you can get an 80% FCU and a jig for around $250. LOL. P80 makes frames as well. And they are probably finished as they don't need to be 80%. (While I love building their stuff, I dislike their grip angle.)

I find the Legolas of the 320 fascinating. I didn't realize until this week you can get an 80% FCU and a jig for around $250. LOL. P80 makes frames as well. And they are probably finished as they don't need to be 80%. (While I love building their stuff, I dislike their grip angle.)

Yeah, the biggest problem with 80% P320 FCUs is finding the lower parts kit in stock.

Yeah, the biggest problem with 80% P320 FCUs is finding the lower parts kit in stock.
I sourced everything between 3 places for this assembly: Sig, Midwest and some other place I can't remember. I made a spreadsheet of where I got what. I have a couple of parts on hand (trigger bar, takedown lever and trigger).

I sourced everything between 3 places for this assembly: Sig, Midwest and some other place I can't remember. I made a spreadsheet of where I got what. I have a couple of parts on hand (trigger bar, takedown lever and trigger).
How much is a total build costing you so far?
About equivalent to just buying one?

I wasn’t expecting to do it cheaper. I know it’s usually not the case.
Yeah. You can do it! But you have to find the deals. The guy I bought this upper and grip mod off of has another set for sale for $250 - full side upper and grip mod on Armslist. You can source the lower parts for under $220 with shipping (lots of places sold out of stuff will post when I get out of the woods).

You can absolutely do it for less! But this build is gonna be wonky, I'm doing it to make my compact slide available to do a comp build.

It'll make sense when I'm sober.....

I swapped the fill size upper I just got my hands on to the storm trooper

IMG_20200524_140659.jpg

And will use the grip module that came with that slide and the compact slide to do the PMM barrel/comp package on - when they are no longer sold out.

This grip module came with tungsten rods installed (bonus!)

IMG_20200524_141255.jpg

Yeah! Underbite lol

Jarod got back to me on this. Said they are just waiting on barrels, and that there will be plenty to go around this time.....

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on some other parts for the FCU. Numrich said they are starting to ship again, so hopefully that order ships soon.

I was in the shop on Friday handing him lots of my slushfund money for some unrelated obnoxious shit and he told me the same thing. I think I might buy a barrel and comp kit when they come in too, I have a hankering for a NH made and accessorized space pistol to match my NH made space rifle project.

Had a left over X5 frame so figured I'd join in on the lego building. Got the FCU frame today. Got some of the parts on order, the others were out of stock.
View attachment 362570
I found that you can go through a couple different places.

Start with Sig,
Move to Small Gun Parts,
Hit Midwest Gun Supply,
Finish off with Numrich.

It is pretty wild to shoot, like a loud 22/45. I am way too invested in 9mm Glocks to switch over, but someday I would like to start piecing one of these space blasters together. One cool side effect of them is when you shoot them, it looks like a choo-choo train's smoke stack.

They also blow holes in ez-up tent roofs used at various shooting events. [rofl]

Thanks for those. Between those three and smallgunparts, I believe I have everything needed to complete the FCU.
Circling back, it looks like I never made my order through Numrich LOL - as in, I thought I did, but I didn't. They just opened back up, and maybe I did make my order, and they just haven't processed it yet, and are (according to their website) 8 weeks behind LOL

Does that just fit flush on the end of the side and frame or do you need additional smithing?

PMM matches the nose of the slide contour for their comps. They thread on and time with shims, secured with rocksett. The dual port is a proprietary threading and requires their barrels. They have comps for almost all of the popular handguns on the market today, dual ports for a handful.

Back
Top Bottom