• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG P250C Conversion from .45ACP to 9MM worth it?

Hi everyone. I own a SIG P250C .45ACP (with rail) and I barely fire the gun. I have carried it a few times and I actually like the weight and is comfortable to wear. The issue I have is for a small gun she has a good recoil and I don't get back on target the way I would like to. I have put about 700 rounds down the pipe and I knew when I bought it she would have recoil for the caliber. The trigger has a longer reset than I would like but I have not seen any trigger jobs or know anyone who has this gun.

In any event I am getting off track here. I want a 9MM to use as my everyday carry and noticed online that SIG sells a kit to convert my gun to a 9MM. Has anyone had experience with such a kit? I see them for sale for $299 online and have not checked any of the shops here in my area.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
JEFF

Bumpski, and my own experience...

I've looked for trigger job options on my P250C (also in .45) and find that there just is not that many options for improving the trigger... Perhaps others reading this will be able to steer me in that direction too.
I considered converting to .40 when the madness really started, when .45 was largely unavailable, and I'm glad I held out. Spending three bills just to be able to buy (then) more readily available ammo would have been a waste of money, for me, since the supplychain recovered fairly quickly.

As fir sight picture, I find that I can re-acquire the target and get subsequent shots off quite fast, and keep a whole mag dump inside the seven ring (rapidfire pistol) at 50 feet, but I've also put well over a thousand rounds downrange. P'raps more time with it?

Bumpski, and my own experience...

I've looked for trigger job options on my P250C (also in .45) and find that there just is not that many options for improving the trigger... Perhaps others reading this will be able to steer me in that direction too.
I considered converting to .40 when the madness really started, when .45 was largely unavailable, and I'm glad I held out. Spending three bills just to be able to buy (then) more readily available ammo would have been a waste of money, for me, since the supplychain recovered fairly quickly.

As fir sight picture, I find that I can re-acquire the target and get subsequent shots off quite fast, and keep a whole mag dump inside the seven ring (rapidfire pistol) at 50 feet, but I've also put well over a thousand rounds downrange. P'raps more time with it?

Thank for the reply...

The trigger is most likely something I am going to have to become more comfortble with. I am so used to my S&W M&P 40 (4.25') with an Apex trigger. This is the only SIG I own and have fired with a DAK trigger. The thinking on my end is if I buy let's say a Shield with the MA Compliant trigger, I still have to spend more money to get a nice carry trigger (either an Apex or BEC Trigger job). OR try a KAHR Arms PM9 for $800 but I have no experience with that brand. Now that I am typing this $300 might be a bit much eh? I don't know I like the size and how it carries.

Thank you though...
Jeff

The 250c was my first purchase, and I bought it because it fit my hand very well and it literally was the only reasonably priced pistol in stock at the time... Other options were a used 9mm and a $1400 full sized 1911, a fourth that I don't recall, and several LEO-only Glocks... This was when the proshop at MFS was brand new.
I've subsequently picked up a subcompact 1911 for carry.

You could keep the sig a 45 and buy a shield in 9mm. After I tried a buddies shield I bought one. Shoots great at the range, is very slim for CCW. Def worth looking into. Best of luck

Drell

If you are looking for a 9mm carry gun without spending a ton of dough, have you considered buying a 9mm conversion barrel for the M&P? That should not cost you more than $150 or so. Conversion will only take a few seconds, and you get to make use of that Apex trigger.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-s-and-w-to-9mm-luger-1-in-16-twist-425-steel

Brownells
9MM CONVERSION 3.58"(9.1CM)S&W M&P COM
842-000-051WB
M&P Compact .40 S&W-to-9mm conversion, 3.58"
Mfr Part: SWMPC9MMC358
$125.17 $139.99
Back Order
Out of Stock
Caliber: 9 mm (.355-.356)
Barrel Weight: .2 lbs
Finish: Natural
Style: Match Grade

I give you a lot of credit for admitting that you don't shoot the .45 as quickly as you would like. A lot of people don't understand that. They think "I can take a .45". They don't realize that if you can get 4 shots of 9mm off in the time it takes you get off 2 shots of .45, you might be better off with the 9mm.

I've shot the 9mm, .40, and .45 versions of many similar guns, and I've reached the same conclusion to you. I shoot the 9mm so much better in any gun that is light enough for me to carry that its the best caliber for me.

The 250c was my first purchase, and I bought it because it fit my hand very well and it literally was the only reasonably priced pistol in stock at the time... Other options were a used 9mm and a $1400 full sized 1911, a fourth that I don't recall, and several LEO-only Glocks... This was when the proshop at MFS was brand new.
I've subsequently picked up a subcompact 1911 for carry.

The 250C indeed fits nicely in my hand also. It is also a very comfortable carry and the purchase price was fantastic. At the time I purchased it the Shield was no where to be found in any caliber. I had a few S&W 1911 Pro Series Commanders (4.25") in mind and put a deposit on one at Four Seasons, but that fell through. I even have a nice leather holster waiting for a 1911. I refuse to pay double for a G26 because of this states crappy laws that bumps the price on them up to the sky.

I'm glad that I posted this here as everyone has helped decide to invest into a 9MM rather than the conversion.

Thanks!
JEFF

You could keep the sig a 45 and buy a shield in 9mm. After I tried a buddies shield I bought one. Shoots great at the range, is very slim for CCW. Def worth looking into. Best of luck

Thank you for your reply. I am going to keep the SIG a .45 and look into the Shield and do the trigger job. I haven't seen any other gun in 9MM that is as low in cost (even with a trigger job from BEC or an Apex). The problem is if I see the KAHR PM9 for twice the price is it going to be worth it?

Thanks!
JEFF

Drell

If you are looking for a 9mm carry gun without spending a ton of dough, have you considered buying a 9mm conversion barrel for the M&P? That should not cost you more than $150 or so. Conversion will only take a few seconds, and you get to make use of that Apex trigger.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-s-and-w-to-9mm-luger-1-in-16-twist-425-steel

Brownells
9MM CONVERSION 3.58"(9.1CM)S&W M&P COM
842-000-051WB
M&P Compact .40 S&W-to-9mm conversion, 3.58"
Mfr Part: SWMPC9MMC358
$125.17 $139.99
Back Order
Out of Stock
Caliber: 9 mm (.355-.356)
Barrel Weight: .2 lbs
Finish: Natural
Style: Match Grade

I give you a lot of credit for admitting that you don't shoot the .45 as quickly as you would like. A lot of people don't understand that. They think "I can take a .45". They don't realize that if you can get 4 shots of 9mm off in the time it takes you get off 2 shots of .45, you might be better off with the 9mm.

I've shot the 9mm, .40, and .45 versions of many similar guns, and I've reached the same conclusion to you. I shoot the 9mm so much better in any gun that is light enough for me to carry that its the best caliber for me.

Thank you also for your reply. I want to keep the .40 the way it is and that is actually what I carry now. I have become very good with it honestly but was looking for a smaller gun to carry. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you for the props. I would rather be able to hit my target with as accurate as possible follow up shots with a 9MM than one or two with the .45. I can group with the 250C when I take it one shot at a time. In my opinion the 9MM round has improved so much over the years and has become a great self defensive round. In any event I am going to look at the Shield 9MM as it is readily available now and get the trigger done.

Thanks!
JEFF

Sig makes good conversion kits..have a .22 for my P226 and it works well. It was pricey but works without issue.

The conversion kit is what I was looking at. Considering the $300 cost and a trigger I don't "love", I'm just going to explore other avenues. Do you know being a SIG owner if they make or if there is a trigger kit/job for a P250C?

Thanks!
Jeff

The conversion kit is what I was looking at. Considering the $300 cost and a trigger I don't "love", I'm just going to explore other avenues. Do you know being a SIG owner if they make or if there is a trigger kit/job for a P250C?

Thanks!
Jeff

Sorry, I don't know anything about the P250C.

I would sell it and cut your losses before Sig tries to forget they ever made the P250. Then it will be -REALLY- hard to sell.

ETA: It's basically DAO, there is no way to make the trigger not suck.

-Mike

I would sell it and cut your losses before Sig tries to forget they ever made the P250. Then it will be -REALLY- hard to sell.

ETA: It's basically DAO, there is no way to make the trigger not suck.

-Mike

I hear what you are saying... Really I do... I don't think it will sell though or at least I haven't seen it up on the WTS forum anyway.

Thanks!
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom