• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig p250 caliber x-change

I was looking over Sig's website and I noticed they won't ship the P250 x-change kit to MA is this because of some restriction in the law or because Sig is being overly cautious?

I was greatly interested in the Sig p250 because of it's modularity but if I can't get the x-change kits I don't see a point in getting it.

More than likely it's just caution on their part. The kits are readily available at shops here in Ma. When I was up at the Sig pro shop a few weeks ago in Epping, I checked the price, and they weren't much cheaper than just buying it at Northshore or FS.

You can go to the Pro Shop in Epping, NH and but one, that's what I did. The caliber x-change kits are not "MA Complient" becasue the slide doesn't have a loader chamber indicator like the MA Complient pistols.
I asked Sig then why don't you just put a MA Complient slide in the kits that have the 10 round mags? Answer, since MA is the only state that requires that we're not going to make an acception......

Last edited:
You can go to the Pro Shop in Epping, NH and but one, that's what I did. The caliber x-change kits are not "MA Complient" becasue the slide doesn't have a loader chamber indicator like the MA Complient pistols.
I asked Sig then why don't you just put a MA Complient slide in the kits that have the 10 round mags? Answer, since MA is the only state that requires that we're not going to make an acception......

Aftermarket slides don't have to be compliant. The law your thinking of applies only to new sales of complete firearms. Putting a loaded chamber flag on their aftermarket slides would not make them any more compliant with Massachusetts law because there is no law.

Aftermarket slides don't have to be compliant. The law your thinking of applies only to new sales of complete firearms. Putting a loaded chamber flag on their aftermarket slides would not make them any more compliant with Massachusetts law because there is no law.

I understand but this is why Sig wouldn't sell me one through their customer service and why I had to drive to the Pro Shop where they did sell me one. Tried to argue this point but got no where with the Sig Customer Service people.

You say that like our AG hasn't sued out of state companies over made up laws before.

I was looking over Sig's website and I noticed they won't ship the P250 x-change kit to MA is this because of some restriction in the law or because Sig is being overly cautious?

I was greatly interested in the Sig p250 because of it's modularity but if I can't get the x-change kits I don't see a point in getting it.

The P250 is a flaming turd. They are doing you a favor by not selling you the kit.

You say that like our AG hasn't sued out of state companies over made up laws before.

Yes, the AG's office has done stuff like that, yes, but in this case it's just Sig shitting their pants over nothing, as they often seem to want to do.

-Mike

Jesus. Kits can be bought off gunbroker or gunsamerica all day long. Its not a gun and theres no paperwork no one cares.

Find a place that will sell u one and buy it. Youll get a better deal than dealing with sig any way

I was more or less stressing the point that adding a chamber flag wouldn't make something that's not illegal at all "more legal" Plenty of on the list complete firearms don't have chamber flags. The AG can sue anyone, any AG in any state can sue anyone... I can sue anyone. No one should be afraid of getting sued for breaking imaginary laws. Also, it's clear that the poster did think this was law and that the representative at Sig thought this was law. We have enough crappy laws already, the more people that you let make up new ones and don't correct, the more people they tell, the more gun shops start believing it and the more the fake law is enforced.

Can't imagine it will be long before 90% of gunshops in MA take down LTC info for ammo purchases. Some Dick's clerks are saying it's the law, no one wants to be on the wrong side of a law so then it spreads like wildfire and unless you frequent boards like these, you don't know it isn't law ( I have 4 friends from highschool that shoot with me, not a single one has ever read the MGL's)

I was more or less stressing the point that adding a chamber flag wouldn't make something that's not illegal at all "more legal" Plenty of on the list complete firearms don't have chamber flags. The AG can sue anyone, any AG in any state can sue anyone... I can sue anyone. No one should be afraid of getting sued for breaking imaginary laws. Also, it's clear that the poster did think this was law and that the representative at Sig thought this was law. We have enough crappy laws already, the more people that you let make up new ones and don't correct, the more people they tell, the more gun shops start believing it and the more the fake law is enforced.

Can't imagine it will be long before 90% of gunshops in MA take down LTC info for ammo purchases. Some Dick's clerks are saying it's the law, no one wants to be on the wrong side of a law so then it spreads like wildfire and unless you frequent boards like these, you don't know it isn't law ( I have 4 friends from highschool that shoot with me, not a single one has ever read the MGL's)

I know what you were saying. The reality is that private businesses must weigh the very real risk of getting sued by our AG with the reward of profit that they might make. Lots of companies do that risk / reward analysis and decide it's not worth it to do business here, at least not directly.

In many cases these threads devolve into "Company X is a bunch of pussies for not standing up to the AG." In reality it's OUR fault for voting in an AG (actually multiple AGs) who pull this shit and get away with it. It's NOT the business's fault for making a sound business decision.

Same deal with the big gun shops and box stores who go "above and beyond" the laws out of an abundance of caution. Remember what happened when Bass Pro Shops sold a few Glocks that weren't on the AG's super-secret safety list?

I know what you were saying. The reality is that private businesses must weigh the very real risk of getting sued by our AG with the reward of profit that they might make. Lots of companies do that risk / reward analysis and decide it's not worth it to do business here, at least not directly.

In many cases these threads devolve into "Company X is a bunch of pussies for not standing up to the AG." In reality it's OUR fault for voting in an AG (actually multiple AGs) who pull this shit and get away with it. It's NOT the business's fault for making a sound business decision.

Same deal with the big gun shops and box stores who go "above and beyond" the laws out of an abundance of caution. Remember what happened when Bass Pro Shops sold a few Glocks that weren't on the AG's super-secret safety list?

Agree with all of it and would also ad that the Bass Pro problem was created by "Company X in Attleboro that is a bunch of pussies and still has a rat infestation"

Agree with all of it and would also ad that the Bass Pro problem was created by "Company X in Attleboro that is a bunch of pussies and still has a rat infestation"

And MA gun owners still shop there, even knowing the score. We are our own worst enemy.

They shipped my caliber exchange kit to Mass. Try calling this guy - Ryan Gagneux 866-619-1128. He sent another email acouple weeks ago about the exchange kits being on sale. When I ordered mine a few months ago I also got a couple spare mags. They were happy to ship it all to my address here in MA

They shipped my caliber exchange kit to Mass. Try calling this guy - Ryan Gagneux 866-619-1128. He sent another email a couple weeks ago about the exchange kits being on sale. When I ordered mine a few months ago I also got a couple spare mags. They were happy to ship it all to my address here in MA.

I think I just realized what you are looking at. You thought you could get a "caliber exchange kit" like any normal citizen. Go back to the Sig web site and check the "10 round caliber exchange kit". That is the one available to all second class citizens of Mass.

They shipped my caliber exchange kit to Mass. Try calling this guy - Ryan Gagneux 866-619-1128. He sent another email a couple weeks ago about the exchange kits being on sale. When I ordered mine a few months ago I also got a couple spare mags. They were happy to ship it all to my address here in MA.

I think I just realized what you are looking at. You thought you could get a "caliber exchange kit" like any normal citizen. Go back to the Sig web site and check the "10 round caliber exchange kit". That is the one available to all second class citizens of Mass.

Yea I know that but the thing is the Caliber x-change kits aren't registered firearms as such I should be able to buy a caliber exchange kit even if it's not MA compliant. Technically if I go to the store in epping I should be able to buy a full size .40 caliber x-change kit and they'll sell it with me without even checking ID they're only selling pieces of polymer and steel not an actual firearm

Yea I know that but the thing is the Caliber x-change kits aren't registered firearms as such I should be able to buy a caliber exchange kit even if it's not MA compliant. Technically if I go to the store in epping I should be able to buy a full size .40 caliber x-change kit and they'll sell it with me without even checking ID they're only selling pieces of polymer and steel not an actual firearm

It's not the polymer and steel, it's the greater than 10 round magazine that comes with it. No matter how you slice it they are a no no in Mass. They will sell you all of the slides and barrels in any caliber you want. They just won't sell any standard capacity magazines here. Since I understand that possesion of one of those is a felony in Mass I'm OK with them not sending me one. (That is not the same as being OK with the law that makes it illegal)

It's not the polymer and steel, it's the greater than 10 round magazine that comes with it. No matter how you slice it they are a no no in Mass. They will sell you all of the slides and barrels in any caliber you want. They just won't sell any standard capacity magazines here. Since I understand that possesion of one of those is a felony in Mass I'm OK with them not sending me one. (That is not the same as being OK with the law that makes it illegal)

but they won't sell you all the slides and barrels you want the only ones they will ship to MA are the compact size frame and I know they sell 10 round full size magazines

but they won't sell you all the slides and barrels you want the only ones they will ship to MA are the compact size frame and I know they sell 10 round full size magazines

You seem to be right. That's what I get for relying on memory. I was looking for compact so after finding the 10 round section (like the training wheels area) I was good to go. I know someone else with a p250 and I thought one of his configurations was full size but the web site only lists compact I must be wrong.

You seem to be right. That's what I get for relying on memory. I was looking for compact so after finding the 10 round section (like the training wheels area) I was good to go. I know someone else with a p250 and I thought one of his configurations was full size but the web site only lists compact I must be wrong.

I can almost guarantee you that if I went to the store in epping they would sell me a full size kit and slide if I bought it without a magazine and they wouldn't even check my ID

Back
Top Bottom