• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P239 wood Grips

You got some good looking grips, there. I bought a set of Hogue coco bolo grips for my 239, and they're nice, but don't look as good as those.

Steelshooter, I went from factory, to Hogue rubber grips, to the wood ones on a 357Sig 239. Didn't like the factory ones at all. The rubber were great to shoot, annoying when I carried. When I carried IWB with a shirt tucked over, it would sometimes feel like the shirt was getting hung up on the grips. Put the uncheckered wood grips on, and they've been great. Not as great (while shooting) as the rubber ones, but close enough that I only noticed that for the first box of ammo after the swap.

My wood grips inletting was a hair oversized (which is so much better than undersized!), so during the first two trips to the range with them the grip screws loosened a little as the grips fit themselves into the frame under recoil. Just something to keep an eye on - after those 2 trips, they haven't moved.

Last edited:
Guys thanks for the complements. There is another set of premium select Kingwoods just as nice on the Auction site I listed in my first post get them now! Steelshooter the next time I go to the range I will let you know how I make out.

Back
Top Bottom