sig p239 or similar

Im very confused about the p239 da/sa. If you look at the side view there are a bunch of levers i cant figure out. There is the magazine drop button, the slide lock, and then there are 2 more levers behind the slide lock. I assume one must be the decocking lever? What would the other one be? If anyone knows or has this gun can you let me know?

Assuming the muzzle of the gun is facing left, you the take down lever directly above the trigger. To the right of the take down is the de-cocker. To the right of the de-cocker is the slide lock. The Magazine release button is where the trigger guard meets the grip.

I have one and have been carrying it for years. I have the .40sw and also have a .357sig barrel for it. That combo gives you alot of options.
Good luck with your search!

I too carry the P239 in .40 with night sights, Hogue Grips, and a short trigger. I like the balance of knock down power and smaller size than my other Sig's. I also have the .357 barrel and mags but have never fired it in that configuration. Boston-Irish i am curious as to whether the .40 mags work with the .357 round but i again have not tried that either.

I had to go and check on that one...
The .357sig rounds fit and function in .40sw mags (I have never had any malfunctions) but I cannot fit .40sw in the .357sig mags.
When I bought my .357sig barrel, I picked up a couple of mags also.
I almost always carry the .357sig set up. I love the velocity of that round and it flys very straight and very fast. Just wicked expensive to shoot alot of it.

ya i usually carry Hydro shock in the .40 or starfires in my P245 but i have not come across any in the .357 what do you use?

corbon and starfires, mostly because that what I can find. I had some stuff from Double Tap which was excellent! I recomend it if you can find it.

Im very confused about the p239 da/sa. If you look at the side view there are a bunch of levers i cant figure out. There is the magazine drop button, the slide lock, and then there are 2 more levers behind the slide lock. I assume one must be the decocking lever? What would the other one be? If anyone knows or has this gun can you let me know?
The lever furthest to the front of the gun is the takedown lever. The lever in the middle of the three is the decocker. The lever furthest to the rear is the slide stop (yes, this is an unusual position for a slide stop).

I picked up half a case of 357sig frangible that FS was selling a few years ago for about $10 per box. Plus they had 250 round packs (loose) of HPs for $60 I believe. I'm slowly dwindling that supply down. Reloading is a challenge though.

Back
Top Bottom