SIG P239, made in W Germany

Sig enthusiasts:
i have seen a SIG P239 for sale (of course, i want it!), and it is made in W Germany. Are all new SIG's sold in USA now made in Exeter, NH? Are the German SIG's any more "desirable" as far as future re-sale is concerned? thanks in advance...
-rob
"so many guns, so little money"

Honestly it's a matter of opinion for the most part. Some say the stamped German slides are better balanced than the the new Exeter SS slides. I have a 228 and a 245 that have the stamped slides.. my others have the SS slides. They're both awesome IMO.

I have a 239 with a German marked frame and a milled slide.
Frame is marked "SIGARMS INC.EXETER - NH" AND "FRAME MADE IN GERMANY".
It was test fired. 10/21/02.
I've seen some comments that the German made frames are a tighter fit to the slide and, thus, potentially more accurate. I've also seen a large numer of people who call BS on this theory. My experience with 1911's would put me in the later camp. The slide to barrel fit is much more important to accuracy.
It's probably too early to worry about any of the regular production Sigs having any special colletors' value, but who knows what the future holds.
I'd say go with your instincts but don't get carried away by dreams of future value. What you are getting is a great gun, that's value enough.

Back
Top Bottom