• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P238

Amazing gun! Shot my cousins and fell in love. Best .380 out there? I think so. Shot the Bodyguard and didn't like the double action. Heard alot and good about the Bodyguard, mostly bad. Sig has no double action and awesome trigger. Got get one! Anyone on here carry this bad boy everyday?

I Carry one mostly in the summer depending on the clothes I have on when I need a lighter more concealed pistol than my PPS or PPK/S. I love the gun, great shooter.

238 is my summer carry but I would prefer the double action for first shot. I'm not a fan of hammer back and safety on. It is a great pistol though.

I have one (the Equinox). Love it. Not all ways my primary carry, but it's in rotation. Great gun!

I want a 938 when and if they are available in MA. That might become my primary carry.

I'm NOT a fan of the Bodygaurd...

I like the 238 a lot. Its a mini 1911 :). I am not a big fan of Bodyguard. Heavy trigger in a small gun thats not a good combination. Just my opinion.

Amazing gun! Shot my cousins and fell in love. Best .380 out there? I think so. Shot the Bodyguard and didn't like the double action. Heard alot and good about the Bodyguard, mostly bad. Sig has no double action and awesome trigger. Got get one! Anyone on here carry this bad boy everyday?

^ THIS ^.

I bought a P238 equinox for my wife about 1 month ago. LINK: P238 Equinox

Shot it on the back yard range (FWIW - I live in a very secluded area in NH = :), so we can do that kind of stuff here....).

Loved the trigger and the handling!

Later, the Wife and I shot it, and some other firearms, at an indoor range (MFL) = and the Wife shot great with it = UGH!

Now I WANT it for myself.

Based on the lusting for the P238....am I somehow cheating on my wife?

UGH!!!!

Last edited:
Jealous! Can't find one anywhere. Four Seasons has it on their website. Call tomm morning

True.

I have been looking out for current pricing on the them (equinox model in particular) - and they just aren't out there.

Seen just a few at a time on GB, and those few - had bidding wars and very esculating prices.

Last edited:
Malkin, sorry but I'm going to hijack your thread real quick....

I have a P238 and sometimes I get failure to feed / eject. If I grease it up real good before I go shoot, it's great but if I don't, I get the FTF and FTEs. I'm not positive on the round count but definitely over 500.

Do any of you guys have this issue too?

I wanted a 238 Equinox for a really long time, but now I think I will try to find a 938 instead, and just make it my primary carry. I'm not really a fan of the .380 cartridge, although, I would rather carry that than nothing!

I love mine. I carry it everywhere. Winter or Summer. P238 Rosewood.

I also seem to get failure to eject more often than I should. I run Speer Lawman through it so I know its not the ammo being garbage. I noticed it only happens on the mag that came with it. The extended mag I have doesnt have this problem.

The wife carries the P238 Black Diamond Plate
P238-BDP-Detail-Hero.jpg

I love mine, year round carry. I did notice I had to threadlock the grip screws, they had backed out after a decent amount of shooting. I also want to try the 938.

I have the equinox and absolutely love it! I had the same problems with it...sent it back to Sig and they replaced the recoil spring. It's been perfect since.

I bought a Bodyguard 380 for the wife. She doesnt like the gun, mostly because of the trigger and "its hard to rack it". So I started to carry it IWB with shorts, it worked out really good. The trigger is hard and kinda sucks but again it is a SHTF gun and not a range gun. It is almost a safety when you are pocket carrying with the manual safety off and one in the chamber.

However, I am in the market for a Kahr PM9, expensive but you have a 9mm in a very, very sub compact platform. I am more comfortable with a 9mm, but that is just me.

Been looking for one of these for a while. I have been kicking myself for not picking one up over the summer at a local ffl. Although I'm not sold on 380, who knows when the 938 will be available here. Not to jack the thread but if anyone sees one in a SE MA shop send me a pm if you dont mind. I am trying to hold out and not fight the crowds at fs, but it might come down to that. I really want to pick up something pocket size and this seems to be one of the better ones in the price range.

I have a SAS Model 238 and I love it, Minininjer, do you always use the same ammo? I tried steel case once and that gave me all sorts of trouble, but with brass i have had no issues.

Back
Top Bottom