Sig p238 laser shutting off after firing...

Fired my Sig p238 for the first time using the laser and it shuts off after every shot. I looked on the web and it seems that this is not an isolated problem. I will call them on Monday but I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem and any are there any good solutions? I think that the on/off switch needs a stronger spring requiring more pressure... Thanks in advance!
White Feather

My friends 938 does the same thing. Now, it will only go back on sporadically.
She is calling Sig to see whats up.

Crimson trace, problem solved. I like sig for their firearms but accessories eh.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Assuming that I am not hitting it with my finger, there are only two ways that I think this could occur. Either the battery loses contact with the one of the terminals. (I would think the top one as the gun recoils upward and the battery has some inertia to oppose moving with the gun.) Or the on/off spring tension is not great enough. This would require the tiny on off button which has very little mass to move in a direction that is perpendicular to the direction of recoil. Which seems very unlikely. I think that I will try to increase the contact area of the battery terminals and see what happens. (Right after I call Sig [laugh].)
White Feather

Crimson trace, problem solved. I like sig for their firearms but accessories eh.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

I have the Crimson Trace on my LCP. Shortly after I got it, it stopped working. Sent it back. The repaired one was also defective. You had to grip ridiculously tight to get it to work. Third time was a charm!

Bottom line, let the company fix it.

Back
Top Bottom