Sig P229RM or P239RM

Hi all,

Guys I'm looking for some advice for the Sig P229 and P239, which will be used as a concealed carry/range shooter. I know that the P239 is marketed as the concealed carry gun, but there are only subtitle size/weight differences between the two models and want the best weapon for my purchase.

Thanks in advance.

The guns are very similar in terms of function. For my money, the P239 is a little too small for my big mitts and the P229 would be easy enough for me to conceal. That and magazine capacity would be the primary differences.

I had the same dilemma and ended up getting the 229. No regrets! A little tough to conceal during the summer months. But that's why they make J-Frames.

Hi all,

Guys I'm looking for some advice for the Sig P229 and P239, which will be used as a concealed carry/range shooter. I know that the P239 is marketed as the concealed carry gun, but there are only subtitle size/weight differences between the two models and want the best weapon for my purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Have you handled them both yet? The number look similar, but they feel rather different in my hands. The 239 will conceal a bit better, but you should see which feels better for you.

I have a 228 and my wife has the 239 both in 9mm. The 228 is very similar to the 229. I prefer the 228 for it's capacity and I feel the ergonimics (sp?) fit my hand better. I think the 239 conceals slightly better but it's hardly much of a difference. Best bet is to try shooting both and decide from there. Best of luck.

I've got the 229 and I wear it fine in a Crossbreed. I would like to try the 239, as I feel I'd like something a little lighter and smaller.

Try them both. I did and went with the 239. Blitz1, however swears by his 229. It's coke and pepsi - they're both great guns and of similar size - find the one that fits you best.

Used to carry the 239 and now carry the M&P40C. Roughly the same size, but that 10 vs 7 mag capacity is significant.

If you do get the 239, be sure to get the Hogue replacement grip for it. Makes the gun fit virtually everyone better and has zero effect on carry ability.

For me, the 229 has just a bit too large a grip circumference for my hands. I find that the 239 fits my hands better. YMMV. I don't carry the 239, but it is a reasonable size for concealed carry.

First Defense in Uxbridge has a huge inventory of SIG pistols in stock and they're a great shop to boot. Check them out. If they don't have it, they can get it inside a week.

Back
Top Bottom