• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P226 RX SAO - Review?

PistolShooter

NES Member
Anyone have or shoot a Sig P226 RX SAO?

I am in love with my new legion P226 SAO and thinking of adding the RX to the stable. I brought my P226 Legion and new Glock 19MOS with an RMR07 to the range recently and realized I like the Sig with the SAO trigger so much more.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I don't know about the RX. But I definitely love my 226 SAO Legion. I'll stay tuned for opinions. I have a 19 and 17 MOS. I'm building a 34 now. They're great but not Legions. LOL.
On a separate note, what do you guys know about the finish problems on the legions. I'm just looking into this now but I guess they're having a lot of issues? Mine looks fine but not sure if it was just a batch or what.

I don't know about the RX. But I definitely love my 226 SAO Legion. I'll stay tuned for opinions. I have a 19 and 17 MOS. I'm building a 34 now. They're great but not Legions. LOL.
On a separate note, what do you guys know about the finish problems on the legions. I'm just looking into this now but I guess they're having a lot of issues? Mine looks fine but not sure if it was just a batch or what.

Mine (226 Legion) is OK, but I have seen a lot of posts on the finish. Kinda dissapoining. but we will see how mine fairs over time.

My side note is I wish I had the SAO version.

I think the finish issues have been resolved. It seems to have been the first run of the pistols from what I can see on people's post dates on other forums. Mine is fine which is a 2017 gun.

Old thread, but my Sig P226 RX SAO is amazing, I wouldn't want a Legion, this is the best of both

Romeo1 3MOA Optic
~3lb SAO Trigger
Short Reset

I added
Hogue G10 Grips
Silencerco Threaded Barrel 1/2 x28
Solid Guide Rod 1.15oz vs 0.5 Sig

img_0290-jpg.214787

SIG-P226-RX-SAO-450x391.jpg

Last edited:
Mine (226 Legion) is OK, but I have seen a lot of posts on the finish. Kinda dissapoining. but we will see how mine fairs over time.

My side note is I wish I had the SAO version.

Just an update. I found an SAO Legion and sold my DA/SA. I could not be happier. As for the finish, I've seen all the stuff on the web about it, but neither of mine had any issues. What I did note is that oil on the finish will make it look "blotchy".

You can see it a bit on the SAO.

Back
Top Bottom