Sig P226 Elite .40S&W

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone here have any experience with these pistols? I handled one today and it felt pretty nice, perhaps just a bit big in the grip but not overly so. I am curious if there are any ownersout there who can give me a first-hand eval.

Thanks.

I have a 226 in 9mm. I love mine. Great gun as far as the grips go yes it is big but I heard the new e2 grips are slimmer

I have one and yes the grip is large. I put the Hogue extreme aluminum grips on which slimmed it down nicely, but with my girly-man hands, I probably need to go with the E2 grips. The SRT trigger is pretty awesome and it's a tack driver. The double action pull is a bit stiff for my taste, but that can be fixed with a lighter mainspring (warning - violates warranty).

Overall awesome gun; I wish I had it in 9mm, but I got a great deal on the .40.

Never met a sig I didn't like. I am a former Glock guy (over 20 yrs), I got a sig p228 (all German) and that was the end of my Glocks. The Sigs do not fail, and the DA/SA action allows to carry one in the chamber without any worry of that sucker accidentally going off.

A 226 elite might feel a little different due to it being an elite. Perhaps the bevertail adds some overall size. I have a p229 elite and do like the bevertail, the srt trigger and the night sights. A 226 elite in mass is truly rare I believe.

Last edited:
The Sigs do not fail, and the DA/SA action allows to carry one in the chamber without any worry of that sucker accidentally going off.

WRONG. Not pulling the trigger helps.

This ranks up there with the "don't modify your trigger on your self defense weapon" comments.

I do not have the Elite but I shoot a 226 in both 40 and 357SIG and it is my favorite gun. I also shoot a X5 all around in 40A&W. Another real nice Sig.

If the elite fits your hand, you can't go wrong

Back
Top Bottom