• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig MCX patrol 16”

BMX

Interested in this rifle as I have some $ burning a hole in my pocket from a few recent rifle and sidearm sales.

Saw one listed at Gun Parlor but not elsewhere
And not sure if it was new inventory or a consignment.

Anyone know if this is something I can get in MA via a shop? Does it need the pin and weld treatment for compliance?

Thanks for any info on this - just noticed this thing and like the features (non-blowback, STANAG mags, AR ergos, etc.).

Mass Firearms in Holliston looks like they carry it. My limited understanding of the AWB is that it will need to have the folding and telescoping stock pinned (they will do it and if you ask nicely they will let you adjust it in the shop before they pin it for your desired LoP), and they will have the muzzle device pinned and welded.

If buying off of GB make sure it’s not the hybrid MCX patrol. The hybrid is literally a M400 (sigs AR) lower receiver with and MCX upper. The hybrids usually have M400 in the model number and usually dont have the ambi safety and have a typical AR magazine release button vs. the special shaped mcx button. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions identifying hybrid vs non hybrid mcx or any MCX questions.

As far as the MCX patrols go i personally own one along with a virtus. The patrol is much lighter rifle. Only downside to the patrol vs the virtus (in my opinion) is the trigger. The factory trigger on the MCX patrol is pretty rough. Replace it with an after market MCX trigger and you will be good to go.

If buying off of GB make sure it’s not the hybrid MCX patrol. The hybrid is literally a M400 (sigs AR) lower receiver with and MCX upper. The hybrids usually have M400 in the model number and usually dont have the ambi safety and have a typical AR magazine release button vs. the special shaped mcx button. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions identifying hybrid vs non hybrid mcx or any MCX questions.

As far as the MCX patrols go i personally own one along with a virtus. The patrol is much lighter rifle. Only downside to the patrol vs the virtus (in my opinion) is the trigger. The factory trigger on the MCX patrol is pretty rough. Replace it with an after market MCX trigger and you will be good to go.

is the weight increase on the virtus just due to the enormous handguard or other things too? i don't understand why Sig insists on putting that gigantic handguard on the virtus. i'm guessing it's aesthetics to sell as many rifles. i'm much more a fan of a more typical length handguard maybe like 12" or so.

is the weight increase on the virtus just due to the enormous handguard or other things too? i don't understand why Sig insists on putting that gigantic handguard on the virtus. i'm guessing it's aesthetics to sell as many rifles. i'm much more a fan of a more typical length handguard maybe like 12" or so.

I think it's the weight, not the size. The Midwest Industries 15" handguard is only 10 oz.

MI-MCXV15.0-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom