• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig M11-A1 ?

Looking for info from anyone who owns a Sig M11-A1.
I have a few Sig pistols and like the quality and construction of the all metal Sigs.

Researching the M11-A1 finds lots of internet hate calling it a fake and a marketing creation.
To me it seems like a nice setup. I had a "real" 228 years ago and that pistol is one of the handguns I regret selling. The M11-A1 seems like a nice mix of many attributes I liked about that 228 along with some modern improvements.

Anyone have a M11-A1? How about an objective range report? Thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:
It's pretty much a P229 with no rail. Nice gun but isn't really going to do anything for you that a P229 won't. If you like Sigs (I do generally) you'll like it.

I picked one up a couple months ago and really enjoy shooting it. I have a 226R as well and side by side I really enjoy the size of the M11-A1, it balances nicely, the SRT trigger is great and it is relatively easy to find quality prebans at reasonable prices vs say Glock 19 ones.

It's pretty much a P229 with no rail. Nice gun but isn't really going to do anything for you that a P229 won't. If you like Sigs (I do generally) you'll like it.

+1 either get a P228 or a P229, the M11-A doesn't have the lighter slide (better balance) of the P228 so it's really just a Legion without everything but the marketing.

There are some other details like phosphated small parts that make the gun a little more corrosion resistant but unless you're conducting maritime operations or stuff like that it's not terribly relevant to most.

The M11-A1 is pretty solid. I'm currently kicking tires and might splurge on one this year as a Christmas present to myself. Even if you bought a basic P229/228 with night sites, they still don't typically come with an SRT. The M11-A1 does and it supposedly has phosphate coated internals and controls.

The Legion P229 is a bit more gimmicky in terms of self-indulgent Sig marketing if you ask me. Although the Legion P229 does have better night sites compared to the M11-A1.

I would get the M11-A1 if you don't want a rail and want an SRT.

It is heavier than P229, recoil is mild. Tack driver.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom