• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Fans - P239, P229, P226, or P220...and why?

If you buy a 220, a 226 or a 228 (all excellent firearms), try to find a lightly shot German model. Will cost you much less (approx. 500) and they're better made imo. No rails tho :(

Last edited:
I've got the 226 in 9mm, the 239 in .40 and the 238 which only comes in .380.

226 All around great full size 9mm. It's reliable and accurate, what more can I say.
239 Both the 9mm and .40 are great compact guns that are reliable, easy to conceal and accurate as hell for their size.
238 Nice little gun, it's my around the house pocket carry gun. I carry the 238 and a spare mag, without any encumbrance at all. The only time I notice it at all is when I'm wresting with my 3 yo. I practice with it shooting targets at 15 ft, and center mass is not a problem with 3 rounds in rapid succession.

I own both the 229 and 226 and love them both dearly. It be easier for me to choose my favorite child. If I had to spend the entire day at the range with only one gun it would be the 226. If you're considering concealed carry the 229 would be the better option of the two. Others have mentioned the 239 which is a sexy gun as well; however, I chose the 229 over this model because the weight and width variances are negligible yet the 229 has the double stack magazine.

I must have at least 10,000 rounds through my p229 in 40 and still have not had a single alibi. Also so have a p238 that does not like Blazer, but is fine with anything else. I love my Sigs

I've got the 226 in 9mm, the 239 in .40 and the 238 which only comes in .380.

226 All around great full size 9mm. It's reliable and accurate, what more can I say.
239 Both the 9mm and .40 are great compact guns that are reliable, easy to conceal and accurate as hell for their size.
238 Nice little gun, it's my around the house pocket carry gun. I carry the 238 and a spare mag, without any encumbrance at all. The only time I notice it at all is when I'm wresting with my 3 yo. I practice with it shooting targets at 15 ft, and center mass is not a problem with 3 rounds in rapid succession.

You described my exact setup. I just need to get a holster to carry my wife's 229 too.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I have owned all the Sig handguns over the years except for the polymer craze. I enjoy the 226 but have begun collecting 228's to customize. I really like the 228 as I have small hands (let the disgusting shower of insults and jokes begin Im curling up into the fetal position). The 228 gives you the full size feel while still being compact unlike the why why why 230 and 232 which are the same size in 380 why?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

239 is a decent & reliable carry gun

226 combat is a beast but I like that..

cant really go wrong- just get what you prefer

Back
Top Bottom