Sig Fans - P239, P229, P226, or P220...and why?

I'll be heading up to see my buddy at Sig in the coming month to look at the P226 Extreme and the P250 Subcompact Nitron, both chambered in .40. Any thoughts or recommendations on those?

Cause they EXPLODE!

Bingo. Heat seeking, exploding rounds.

But in seriousness, I currently have my M&Pc .40 and have been buying ammo for over a year. I'd like a full size and a subcompact and don't feel like trying to start buying (and hoarding) another caliber at the time. I've never been a fan of the 9mm and .45 is down the line.

I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the DA/SA 226's. The DAK's have a 6lb trigger pull, which makes it not AG safety reg compliant for MA.
Yes, this.
I have the DA/SA 226 which has a 10 lb DA pull but its the absolute smoothest 10 lb pull I've ever shot. Don't know why others can't manufacture this type of 10 lb pull.

I carry a 239 but in .40, it fits my hand better than any other carry gun I have picked up. put rubberized grips on it and love it even more

the action is smooth, its got some weight to it that I actually like. just overall I cant find one thing I dont like about it

P239 in 9mm with Hogue grips = great carry gun. Single stack helps it disappear and fits my smallish hands well. I've shot several hundred rounds through it with no problems.

The 226 is like someone made mold of my hand, and than put a perfectly functioning slide on it. LOVE that gun

I have a 229 but im not a fan.To bulky for me to CCW comfortably.Take my G26 any day over the Sig.

Depends what you want it for. I have one of each (but all in .40). The full size is for the bedside and the 229 and 239 are for carry. Usually I go with the 239.

I carried a sig 239 for a while and loved it, sold it once I got an ambidextrous carry pistol. I had the sig 226 in .40 and that pistol was mean, sold it to a nice nes member two weeks ago. Both are really great pistols can't speak highly enough of them.

The 228 is the sweetest gun I have shot. The 229 is close but not quite the same. 220 is as nice to shoot but kind of sucks to carry. I even like my 230 except for the stupid bottom mag release.

Sent from state prison using contraband cell phone.

Tried both sig and sw before I got my first gun. Liked the sig more but went with sw as it was less expensive. Regret that decision.

Ok Great thread...
First Sig pistol was a 9mm p226 rm. Love it and plan to keep it
Second Sig is a Mosquito... training tool for the wife and daughter
Third is 40mm 239. Love it. Small enough to carry and plenty of punch.
Fourth? Looking at 229 40? or 9?
Been buying up 40 as I can find it... 9 is difficult to find at the moment.

Great thread.

Ok Great thread...
First Sig pistol was a 9mm p226 rm. Love it and plan to keep it
Second Sig is a Mosquito... training tool for the wife and daughter
Third is 40mm 239. Love it. Small enough to carry and plenty of punch.
Fourth? Looking at 229 40? or 9?
Been buying up 40 as I can find it... 9 is difficult to find at the moment.

Great thread.

don't buy Mosquito. It's very picky in terms of ammo.

P239 is exceptionally good for carry. The P229/228 is a good alternative, but since they're double-stacked, you're running with a thicker unit.

P226 and P220 make for good OC or HD units.

Hard to add anything new. My 2 cents.

If you want to carry, and you don't have the money to buy more than one, get the 239. I carried one for a while. It's actually a great range gun, too. Single stack if you have smaller hands or short fingers.

If carry isn't important, go full size. 226 in 40. Buy a conversion barrel to 9mm when you can. You can't convert from 9mm to 40.

IMHO, the 226 is the best full-size modern pistol out there, and the 239 the best "small" (sort of) modern pistol out there. Your mileage may vary.

Oh yeah, and I DO want a 220.

Anyone own a 239 and an m&p compact? Size difference? Can't find much on the youtubes. Love my 2022... Hate the trigger on my compact... Might be looking to trade it out.

Anyone own a 239 and an m&p compact? Size difference? Can't find much on the youtubes. Love my 2022... Hate the trigger on my compact... Might be looking to trade it out.

Virtually the same size but the 239 is a little lighter and a little taller. If your near western Mass your welcome to try mine.

This is a great thread! Thanks so much for the info.

How useful is the rail? Does anyone with one not really care about having it, anyone without one wish they had it?

How good would a 239 be in an IDPA (or similar) match?

This is a great thread! Thanks so much for the info.

How useful is the rail? Does anyone with one not really care about having it, anyone without one wish they had it?

How good would a 239 be in an IDPA (or similar) match?

The rail is useful if you want a light/laser - say for a home defense gun. Some people carry with a light, but if you want to do that, I'd recommend a polymer frame gun for weight reduction. Even the 229 is too heavy for comfortable conceal carry IMO, and that's without a light. (But I do know folks who carry the 229.)

239 is fine for IDPA, especially in 9mm with 10rd mags.

Sig Sauer Mag Sig Sauer P239 9mm Luger 10-Round Steel Blue

Rail may be helpfull for a HD weapon. A flashlight is always a good idea, to blind the intruder. So, he won't see the bullet coming[smile]
Exept for that, the rail isn't good for anything, but it doesn't bother either. I don't use it on my 2022. I find lasers more distracting than helping, so that's not an option. I think I saw sone rail mountable mini handgun bayonets. I refuse to coment on their usefullness.

Back
Top Bottom