SIG Customer Service....

It's the mag....it's the mag....it's the mag....do these guys even KNOW any other words?

anyone have any POSITIVE experience with these guys?

when i go in, they're all very nice, they're all very professional, well dressed....but boy...those rifles i have don't cycle worth a damn....and they don't fix squat....i'm using the mags that came with the rifles or magpul mags....that they sell there in the shop....for those rifles.

very frustrated with them.

I've had good luck with Sig's service. They fracked up once and returned the firearm I sent in service back to the FFL I originally purchased it from so I had to take a drive to get it. But otherwise the turn around time was quick and they went above and beyond what I asked them to fix, even re-cericoated the gun.

My only bitch with them...is that they're sold out of 762QD suppressors!

Had a Legion with a coating issue, they sent it to their coater that is 45 min away but could not give me a status update as the coater "does not have phone or Internet." Took 6 weeks before they replaced it with a new frame. I would have thought they would have sent a new plastic case so the serial numbers match the pistol. I guess not so I am less than thrilled with their customer service.

i'm at the point where i would NEVER buy another one of their rifles.

they're right down the road for me and it seems like a pretty nice facility and i would like to take some training courses....but this whole thing has soured me off of the brand but good....for me, if you sell a rifle for that much money and then it simply doesn't work and YOU as the manufacturer can't make it work...no offense to their trainers but that experience makes me question what else sig is selling that's sub par.

i'm at the point where i would NEVER buy another one of their rifles.

they're right down the road for me and it seems like a pretty nice facility and i would like to take some training courses....but this whole thing has soured me off of the brand but good....for me, if you sell a rifle for that much money and then it simply doesn't work and YOU as the manufacturer can't make it work...no offense to their trainers but that experience makes me question what else sig is selling that's sub par.

Their trainers and training facility are world class - probably has nothing to do with customer service so I would try it.

2 rifles....sig522 and sig556xi...ftf on both.

they said it was the mags and to use only cci and that they polished the ramp anyways....i told them they were factory mags, already using cci's and once i got it back, it still ftf about 5% of the time.

556xi
when i got it, it ran great...flawless....but the trigger sucked. had trigger mod done....and since then it has been an ftf machine....can't enjoy it....when i rack it to chamber a round, regardless of whether or not there is a mag in there, i can FEEL that there is much less tension in that spring....it feel's to me like it is getting hung up on something....and yet, their only answer is "mag problem"....and i'm using their factory mags and magpuls....it's just frustrating....

who did the trigger mod on the 556? sig? if not i'm afraid you're at their mercy since your saying it worked fine before and now it has ftf's constantly. something fishy there, someone screwed up.

i surprised they didn't swap your mags out for new ones. did your mags go with the rifle when it when in for service? maybe you said already and i didn't read the posts all the way through thoroughly. myself, i don't usually send mags unless they ask.

2 rifles....sig522 and sig556xi...ftf on both.

they said it was the mags and to use only cci and that they polished the ramp anyways....i told them they were factory mags, already using cci's and once i got it back, it still ftf about 5% of the time.

556xi
when i got it, it ran great...flawless....but the trigger sucked. had trigger mod done....and since then it has been an ftf machine....can't enjoy it....when i rack it to chamber a round, regardless of whether or not there is a mag in there, i can FEEL that there is much less tension in that spring....it feel's to me like it is getting hung up on something....and yet, their only answer is "mag problem"....and i'm using their factory mags and magpuls....it's just frustrating....

Wait... the 556 worked fine... then you modified it... then it was no longer reliable... and you're blaming Sig for not wanting to fix it?

Who did the trigger mod and what's involved in the mod (I don't know anything about what one has to do to modify a Sig 556 trigger)?

Is it something you can easily revert back to stock? If yes, I'd revert to stock and see if that fixes the issue. Or, at minimum, inspect what was modified and make sure everything was done correctly. For instance, with AR's, it's common for inexperienced owners to install/reinstall the hammer spring upside down which causes light primer strikes/FTF's.

trigger was modded by SIG gunsmith, i didn't do it. yes, when it comes back to me, it's going back to him....i don't care WHO fixes it....just get it fixed and i wouldn't presume to think it was going to be me with a screwdriver that sorts it out, believe me. i shoot them. i clean them. after that, i leave it to the mechanically inclined.

the pat answer "mag problem" as a response for 2 different rifles is the part that bugged me.

Ah... Gotcha. If my rifle came back from the Sig gunsmith non-functional I would certainly return it to him to fix as well.

At this point, I'd start calling in to Sig and asking to speak with supervisors, or their supervisors. Or emailing people way above the normal "service reps" like their VP of the service dept. Start making noise until they take care of you.

Or start trashing them on their twitter page or something... I bet they'll reach out to you real fast to solve the issue.

When it comes to Sig buy it new or they won't do anything for you Sig sucks. Sold all of mine after dealing with customer service a couple of times. Their guns are nice but not nice enough for the bs involved. HK is a better gun and better customer service

I've had mag issues on both my Sig pistols as well as slide stop spring issues. Other than that no failures of any kind. Customer service has been either really good or really bad. Not consistent at all.
I was gonna buy a Sig rifle and ended up buy a Colt instead. Never had an issue with it.

It's the mag....it's the mag....it's the mag....do these guys even KNOW any other words?

anyone have any POSITIVE experience with these guys?

when i go in, they're all very nice, they're all very professional, well dressed....but boy...those rifles i have don't cycle worth a damn....and they don't fix squat....i'm using the mags that came with the rifles or magpul mags....that they sell there in the shop....for those rifles.

very frustrated with them.

Customer service ? Now that's funny. LOL. [rofl] Where did you get the idea that Sig had a customer service dept. ? Same thing happened to me with my P-2022 in 9mm. The guy kept saying it's the magazine. I said if your so sure it's defective then send me a new one, after all the damn pistol is brand new. he said if I sent the pistol to them at my expense they would check it out. I finally figured out it was a bent extractor. Even though I offered to change it myself, Sig refused to send me a new extractor. So I bought a new one and repaired the pistol myself, then sold it. I would NEVER buy a Sig ever again.

my experience w sig CS has been limited to my P229 that had extraction issues. Sig CS was nothing short of very douchie over the phone. they eventually serviced the pistol and now it runs flawless. however for someone who has supported their business for many years with no previous service requests, they could have been a bit more eager to help out.

i do like many of their products, but there's no Sig brand loyalty on my end.

I've owned one SIG. A P226. Took it to the range for the first time and loaded a mag and racked it. It wouldn't close into battery (wouldn't completely close). Never could shoot it. The rail wasn't completely milled. Sent it back for a full refund. Shitty service I had to deal with but the refund was quick.

Colt Ar15, no customer service needed
Glock, no customer service needed.

Sig makes wierd proprietary rifles that make no sense, no thanx.
Sig 556 weighs over 8lbs, seriously? Avoid like the plague.

I know someone who has a Sig frame crack and was offered a replacement at a discount since it was out of warranty (which would not have been an issue with S&G, Glock or Ruger). He complained when he got a well used police trade-in which was worth what he paid - in other words, he didn't get any sort of actual discount. Sig told him "You certainly didn't expect us to let you have a new gun at that price did you?".

When I mentioned the competitions lifetime warranty to a Sig marketing executive, I was told "You don't really think we should replace broken guns for life do you - that just doesn't make sense."

I brought a Sig P226R .40 as my bedside gun.. No matter what I did the 10 round mags only held 9 rounds. Sig customer service offered no assistance.

I am a little old school and like SA/DA or DAO only and since S&W no longer makes 3rd gens thought sig would be a good idea.

Last edited:
I brought a Sig P226R .40 as my bedside gun.. No matter what I did the 10 round mags only heard 9 rounds. Sig customer service offered no assistance.
This is very common since "normal" mags can sometimes be coaxed into one extra round. One of the S&W M&P 10 round mags I was filling at the GOAL Shoot-BBQ today made getting in that 10th round very tough.

It's about excluding any possibility of an 11th round.

Got a windham weaponry flat top w/vortex sparc II today at ktp and went to the range. Better trigger, lighter, less expensive, ran fine...was a far better experience...

Anyone wanna buy a sig 556 xi.

Last edited:
UPDATE - well I complained when they weren't good....fairly, I should give praise when they do good....this is a mixed bag.

after some fits/starts with the rifle and cs, it has returned from Sig and fires accurately and reliably.

...stock trigger back in (they seemed to have decreased the horrible pull on that thing ) and i've subsequently run a hundred or so through the rifle earlier this week and that runs just fine....little holes in paper in all the right places at a hundred yards....nice.

I had to call and work with them when I bought a new sig p239 357 sig. One of the mags that came with the gun was too narrow. It was weird. It was simply too narrow to feed cartridges into the magazine without the magazine jamming. Anyway, they told me to send it back and they would send me a new which they promptly did.

Back
Top Bottom