• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG conceal carry recommendations

Folks I'm looking to add a new concealed carry to my gun portfolio. I've carried a 38 special for about 10 years. I really like the Sigs but there are several models that I have handled. Wondering who out there might have some pinions on which model might be best for CC. Ive tried the 250 (mistake earlier on 260) 2022 and 239

Last edited:
Can't say I've carried a Sig...lately I've been back and forth between a Glock 27 and one of my 1911s.

As far as model differences...I'm a firm believer in carry what feels comfortable to shoot. You can always find a holster that'll cater to your needs...you just need to dedicate a drawer to all of the them!

I'm guessing that you meant to type 250, not 260. In any case, I think the 239 is a fine carry gun and is tried and true. It is easy to conceal, accurate and reliable. In 9mm recoil is very manageable.

It is significantly more expensive that the 250 and the 2022, but is a nice gun. You might consider renting one to see how you like it. I think AFS in North Attleboro rents them and Manchester Firing line does too

Lol.

First thread- Sig is selling to law enforcment in ban states! Everyone boycott Sig and support companies who support us!

Next thread a day later- So what Sig should I get everyone? Oh get this one...

The Hippocracy is strong in this one.

P239 is a fine CCW. P229 might work, but that's a little more challenging to conceal.

The P290 is super concealable, but it's only DAO. If that matters to you.

Personally, I wouldn't consider the P238 since it's only chambered in .380 and the P938 was released to recently.

If I was forced to carry a sig it would be a P228 (9mm) folded slide or a P239 in 9mm. After that it would be a plane jane P220 folded slide. I've owned all 3 and they were all excellent handguns, at least for being DA/SA.

The P250 is a yawnfest masquerading as a handgun. The only thing good about it is they're practically giving
them away.

-Mike

Last edited:
Yeah get the Glock model. Sigs are what you show your friends. Glocks are what you show your enemies.

If I was going to make a WAG he didn't come here for that advice. Trying to convince a Sig or HK disciple to carry a Glock is a waste of time... if the person doesn't figure it out on their own they'll never do it. Every time you tell them to carry a Glock/XD/M&P or whatever that adds another like 2 years that they won't do it. [laugh]

I know this because I've been on both sides of that fence.

-Mike

I'm very interested in checking out the Sig M11-A1 (which is a P228). Of course I'm a sucker for military firearms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am a SIG fanboi, I admit it. But I would take the 290 off that list immediately. There are many, many complaints about failing 290's in the SIG comunity.
I carry a 2022, but I don't do subcompact at all, so that's just me, and I live in NH, where printing is not a problem. The 250 is a nice gun, and you'd be able to change it for subcompact for carry, to compact size for the range, if you go with a 2sum.
But the 239 is my favorite on your list. Single stack, compact, and available in .357 SIG, which is the most effective defensive round on the market at this time, IMO. For just a few $$$ more, you can get a second barrel and shoot .40 out of that gun without needing anything else, which proves to be a huge advantage when the comon calibers are off the shelves, like now.
So, my vote is for a .40 P239 SAS gen2.

Last edited:
I am a SIG fanboi, I admit it. But I would take the 290 off that list immediately. There are many, many complaints about failing 290's in the SIG comunity.
I carry a 2022, but I don't do subcompact at all, so that's just me, and I live in NH, where printing is not a problem. The 250 is a nice gun, and you'd be able to change it for subcompact for carry, to compact size for the range, if you go with a 2sum.
But the 239 is my favorite on your list. Single stack, compact, and available in .357 SIG, which is the most effective defensive round on the market at this time, IMO. For just a few $$$ more, you can get a second barrel and shoot .40 out of that gun without needing anything else, which proves to be a huge advantage when the comon calibers are off the shelves, like now.
So, my vote is for a .40 P239 SAS gen2.

Mine is in. 357 sig. Great round and you can still find it even in this market.

I carry a P239 in .40 daily, I forget it's there it is so comfy. In the summer when it's real hot I will slip my p238 into my pocket because of the lack of clothing, but otherwise, it's the 239.

DA/SA and a decocker???? Epic FAIL Just my opinion as I guess Im stupid and I HATE guns with lots of crap on them.

I wouldn't call it an epic fail. I do find myself enticed by the simplicity of some of the newer striker fired guns, but the SA pull on the sig with the SRT is pretty good.

Mike

I wouldn't call it an epic fail. I do find myself enticed by the simplicity of some of the newer striker fired guns, but the SA pull on the sig with the SRT is pretty good.

Mike

True. And Sig does make a few of their pistols in DAO, like the P250 (which isn't a good gun, IMHO) and the P290.

Then there are others, like the P239, P229, and P226 that are available in DAO and DA/SA.

So if one were to have a problem with "all the buttons and levers on the side of the frame" then get the DAO version.

I love the P238 as a back-up gun, or - a light weight, low profile, easily concealable-warm-weather carry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom