• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG / CERF Steel Challange Match

On July 9th, Sig Academy hosted the Fifth Annual CERF Match. CERF is the Chaplain's Emergency Relief Fund that assists local military families with unexpected financial needs. While in the past the event was held between the Pioneer Sportsmen and Major Waldron, Sig stepped forward to run the event using their facilities and resources. The people from Pioneer stepped up and ran the stages making it look easy.

Having the weather cooperate, the day started out great. Even better, a major force behind the CERF organization is the Meat House chain of top quality meats. They offered to provide a BBQ during the event. While many expected burgers and dogs, they rolled in with steak, chicken, sausage and more. I surprising twist was when their Marketing Director Kelley-Jaye Rosberg was invited to try a stage. She was hooked, shot all six and did well. In fact, she had such a great time shcommittedde the company on the spot for next years event. As the owners sister, I'd say she has to clout to get it done. Sig also is on board for next year.

With over a hindered shooters, the event was msuccessfulsful than we ever imagined. Add to the event, Sig and Ruger have donated handguns to be raffled. Other local companies such as New EnglTacticalical, InsTechnologieslies anlimitedtyed edition print is also included in the raffle which will be held at the annual Operation Thank You held on July 24th. at the Portsmouth Brewery in Newington, NH.

(Hint...raffle tickets are still available.)

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome time !!!! And those steak tips were the best EVER!!! Harvard should have the MEAT HOUSE cook for the Area 7 match.

I was running around too much and got two pieces of the steak. I did get a few cold ones when we were cleaning up. After it was all over, we went out for a nice large lobster afterwards in Kittery. Needed to wind down.

They also host the BBQ at Operation Thank You at Pease next weekend. As I said, they are onboard for next year even bigger. The owner's sister had a great time shooting the match with a coach which helped.

I should also say that the shooters donated an additional $550 to the cause. 99.9 percent of anything taken in goes back to the military families. Maybe I'll get lucky one year and win the SIG.

Back
Top Bottom