• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig announces P365-380

What I don't understand is WTF these macho men who can't stand the mere existence of .380, can't help but jump on a thread that is about .380 and insist on belittling the caliber and anyone who shoots it. And of course, they also know way more than the people who run the gun companies - I'm sorry, what is it you do for a living? Not everyone is a young, able-bodied man, and I shouldn't have to defend my choice of caliber to anyone - especially keyboard commandos who probably live in their mother's basement. This forum is for anyone who likes to shoot.

Did you not read the last sentence in my initial posting? "(No 380 bashing, I'm a woman with a messed up right hand)"
You only have to defend your choice of caliber if it’s fotay!!

All development on 380 stopped. with the new 30 out, it just doesn't make sense to spend money on making and marketing a 380. The most prudent thing for SIG to do is to wait and see how this Super 30 plays out. There is no rush. There is no 365 beater out there. Springfield Armory, S&W, Glock: they've all come up short.
I disagree!! I tested out (shot) a ruger 380 Lcp Max at an event and was very impressed. Nice trigger and sights for what it was, definetly more pocket friendly than the sig. It wasn't like shooting a 22 but recoil was pretty controlled, but it makes-a lot more sense than a 9 in that size. As for OP I don't recall how easy it was or wasn't,t to rack the slide. some where in the middle because it didn't make an impression either way. The sig is 5 oz heavier which may or may not help the OP. I,m guessing the ruger has a lighter trigger than the sig but a longer pull and longer reset. I will qualify that I have no issue with tucking my pinky under the grip on a smaller gun (I don,t use the included pinky extensions) i know for some that is a deal breaker.

On another note I also tested out a GP match champion revolver and also found it to be a lot of fun. I didnt try out Rugers other offerings that were their as they didn't interest me (security 9,s) wether you like ruger or not when they sponsor an event they do a nice job

Don’t get discouraged @MaxStravinsky, .380 is fine. I carry an LCP II semi regularly myself, because it works for the need I have at the time. Not everything requires a 5” barrel and 4 spare mags.

I also have a bad hand and I have trouble now gripping a full size or heavy pistol like my old fav 1911, it’s just not feasible anymore with the shape my hand is in so we adapt and find what works. Block out the static noise and just do you, for your needs, not someone else’s dislikes.

I love my pm9, but I hate not being able to get a pinky on it. I've been eyeing a 365 for summer carry - can you get a full grip with the 10-rounder?
These work great to get a bit more purchase on the grip.

1645288736401.png

Even if someone is having trouble racking a slide, if it’s just due to hand strength or spring #, there are workarounds to assist racking in an emergency, those just need some training to accomplish but they do work well in an oh shit type failure. Full (regular size sights) work best for this. IE Racking on a boot, pants pocket, belt buckle, counter top, sidewalk edge, etc.

Got my wife a P365 a year or two ago. Yeah they hold more rounds which is great, but my Kahr PM9 and P380 are more solidly built, much less snappy, and more accurate IMHO. Easy enough to carry an extra mag or two. Though some people hate the long pull triggers, on free state versions like mine they are great for those who hate safeties.

Love my Kahr PM9. It's built like a tank.

Just carry a J frame 5 shot snubby with 158 grain hollow points and be done with it.

In all seriousness. I brought the Sig P365 a year before covid in Massachusetts. I wanted it to replace my S&W 6946 and S&W 3913. I removed the safety once I moved to NC and carry the spare 15 round magazine. While both the S&W 3913 and S&W 6946 (my late grandfathers only semi automatic police duty pistol). Are still in my rotation.

There is something about 10 rounds of 9 mm in such a small package. The Sig P365 conceals like a micro gun but shoots like a larger gun. It is the only striker fired gun I own.

Perfect gun to carry downtown in the NC city I live in that has shootings almost every other day in the summer.

For "civilians" who aren't going to be doing crazy dirty harry cop style shooting. I think the p365 in .380 has potential

Just carry a J frame 5 shot snubby with 158 grain hollow points and be done with it.

In all seriousness. I brought the Sig P365 a year before covid in Massachusetts. I wanted it to replace my S&W 6946 and S&W 3913. I removed the safety once I moved to NC and carry the spare 15 round magazine. While both the S&W 3913 and S&W 6946 (my late grandfathers only semi automatic police duty pistol). Are still in my rotation.

There is something about 10 rounds of 9 mm in such a small package. The Sig P365 conceals like a micro gun but shoots like a larger gun. It is the only striker fired gun I own.

Perfect gun to carry downtown in the NC city I live in that has shootings almost every other day in the summer.

For "civilians" who aren't going to be doing crazy dirty harry cop style shooting. I think the p365 in .380 has potential
I like the way the 9mm shoots it's great

The problem i have with little guns is grabbing them

I have huge meat hooks and i don't feel like i can snatch a small gun in a hurry if i need to.

That said i did go through a small 9 phase and the 365 was the best

These work great to get a bit more purchase on the grip.

More options with Tactical Development for mag extensions

Back
Top Bottom