• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Academy's armorer classes?

The Edge Lab

Dealer
NES Member
was thinking about trying one....specifically the P320 class.

Anyone here ever take one? Was it worth it?

Yes and no. I took the P series armorer's class back about 2008. It was kind of interesting, but I don't think I learned much I didn't already know. Except for me and a guy from MFL, everyone was a LEO of one flavor or another - National Park Service, local cops, etc. Some of the other students didn't seem to like having a non-LEO in their group.

The final exam was fun - written and practical. We all had to completely disassemble our P220s and dump all the parts into a big tub. The instructor added a few extra parts and then we had to fish out enough parts to build a gun. I aced both and was the first one finished by a significant margin. It was a fun way to kill a couple of days.

Took their class back in the 90's,and it was the same thing part of the test was to put together a gun from a tub full of parts.It was a very good class back then.

Thanks guy...sounds like a good class but I think I'm going spend the money on a hands on tactical class.

Took the P320 class in February. I thought it was well worth it. Going back in two weeks for the Classic Models course. Everyone got a firearm to work on.They broke down parts by group and we did disassembly and reassembly. Then at the end you had to completely disassemble the firearm and reassemble. So I tore mine down and carefully laid it all out by group on a shop rag.
The Instructor came by and took the parts, shook them up and gave them back to me. LOL.
While I was there I bought a second P320 from the Pro Shop at a great price and had it shipped to my local dealer.

Last edited:
i took the P320 armorer course. if you're invested in the P320 pistol then it's worth it. the pistol is genius in design. if you're a fellow gun nerd you will enjoy the armorer course. my instructor for it was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom