• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG academy... Really?

Zombie Apocalypse Survival School (Z.A.S.S.) with Todd Rassa

You've got to be shittin'e.

The Zombie Apocalypse is coming and we must be prepared! The younger generation is well aware of the impending crisis and has been conducting research via the on-line gaming community, graphic novels and movies and TV for quite some time. We also need to prepare ourselves before it is too late. Bring your loved ones to this one-day school that will cover the topics above

Here a few of the topics mentioned:
Zombies – Separating Myth from Fact
Effective Zombie Neutralization Techniques
Equipment Considerations

it's not about reality or sanity, if you can find enough suckers to pay for this, there are likely more ready for alien invasion and anal probing resistance techniques.

Eh, whatever. If it helps get all those wannabe zombie apocalypse survivors watching The Walking Dead off the couch and learning something about firearms, then I'm all for it. I won't be signing up though.

it's not about reality or sanity, if you can find enough suckers to pay for this, there are likely more ready for alien invasion and anal probing resistance techniques.

this. I also consider it to be the similar to shooting silhouette targets at a defensive shooting class. Could be a joke and it probably is. If you think Sig believes a zombie invasion will happen, I hate to burst your hate bubble.

Eh, whatever. If it helps get all those wannabe zombie apocalypse survivors watching The Walking Dead off the couch and learning something about firearms, then I'm all for it. I won't be signing up though.

+1. That's what I thought of first.

Yeah no shit, that's your first clue it's a joke. If you are engaging zombies at handgun range, you are about to join their ranks. Hope they stress the importance of saving the last round for yourself.

Or this : .380, 9mm NATO, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP [rofl]

I'm not sure if this is the one I heard about, but I was told there is a class that uses zombies as a framework, but teaches modern well accepted defensive techniques usable against the "living" as well as the "undead".

Just had a class with Todd rassa this past weekend. Great instructor, I'm sure you will benefit from it wether its zombies or just regular silouehts techniques don't change

Nothin wrong with putting a creative spin on what's probably a basic handgun class. ;)

This. It's nice to see that they are capable of making firearm safety as fun as it is serious. I've taken some of their classes and they are excellent. Make no mistake, they are top notch.

Lighten up, Francis.

It's a lighthearted friggin' disaster preparedness/defensive pistol course the guy designed because his kids were into zombies, and it sells out most of the time. The course has been offered for at least two years.

I suppose no one hating on this has ever said, "You know we aren't really talking about zombies, right?" nudge, nudge.

Yeah no shit, that's your first clue it's a joke. If you are engaging zombies at handgun range, you are about to join their ranks. Hope they stress the importance of saving the last round for yourself.

My guess is clever marketing of a serious class.

I think it is brilliant - if you could get every "The Walking Dead"/Zombie fan into firearms our 2nd Amendment worries would be over - We'd win the war.

Tell young people we need guns to "Fight Tyranny" and you will get blank stares but tell them we need to be armed for the "Zombie Apocalypse" they will probably be like "Hell Yeah!" [grin]

Old news really. Why can't Sig Sauer Academy have a little fun? Colleges and Universities offer all kinds of "fun" enrichment classes through their continuing education programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, I guess trust in govt. HAS reached an all time low. People just assume a chemical warfare gas release will create a zombie hoard...just not sure when.

Didnt take that class but just got done with the active shooter response class which is thought by the same guy (Todd Rassa) and it was first class. In regards to firearms he is competent and insightful.

Sent using my all knowing google phone

This class still makes me smile; great marketing on their part. Ironic how everyone is uptight about our public schools taking things too seriously sometimes yet when Sig does something creative it becomes incredulous.

Their training is certainly no joke though, that's for sure.

I honestly see no difference between a fictional zombie (undead) and liberals running free and desperate without any kind of government support.

Sounds like a class on neutralizing human threats, just without the unfortunate political narrative that usually follows that kind of class.

At least, that's what I hope they're doing here.

a little late to the party

the zombie shit fad has passed

Hardly! Are you living under a rock or something? Ever heard of the blockbuster movie "World War Z" that just opened this month, or the several very popular cable series shows that are currently running? I doubt that the "fad" has passed.

As for this class, I agree with those who say it is just a clever marketing spin on a real defensive handgun class, no different than a top notch company like Hornady bring "Zombiemax" ammo to market. That overpriced ammo flew off the shelves as quick as retailers got it in, and that was long before the Newtown retardeness came along.

Back
Top Bottom