Sig 938/XDs 9mm

I'd like something a bit smaller in 9mm to replace my M&P 40c, which I just never grew to love. After a lot of looking I've narrowed it down to these two. The other ones you want to recommend just aren't comfortable. The XDs seems super simple and reliable, but the 938 has really small and a wonderful trigger. Which way should I go? I shot the 938 and liked it, and can try the XDs before buying at MFS, but I'm sure that won't be an issue. Would primarily be for IWB carry.

Im a striker fired guy so I vote for the XDS and they’re only $399 . Mine has been flawless this is my second one first one was all black

Attachments

• E48F88F8-14DA-49A8-9DF0-CF89EE1E9087.jpeg
    E48F88F8-14DA-49A8-9DF0-CF89EE1E9087.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 51
  • EC6A1620-7536-4177-B8B6-37F218D309AE.jpeg
    EC6A1620-7536-4177-B8B6-37F218D309AE.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 47
Shoot the XDS and then decide. With that said, I have the XDS and I like it.

Glock 43 is too small for my hands. May give the XDS a try, the sights were really nice too. Save $150 as well and they have a promo for 3 extra mags. Any other stores in Mass with prices similar to FS?

If you're still open to other options, look at the Ruger LC9s. The trigger is so good no one makes a trigger kit for it. Mine is like a goat and will eat anything. For a carry gun I like the melted features.

My EDC is a 938 exterme with 1 spare mag. In a kydex IWB it disappears like almost forget it's there gone. Super reliable and actually pretty accurate.

Anybody have trouble with the XDS mag release with the slide locked back? I have, looked around, lot of videos on it. Other than that , nice carry and 3 free mags don't hurt.

I recently looked at a bunch of single stack 9mm pistols, and ended up with the XDs. I switched out the large backstrap for the smaller one. I did like the 938 and wanted to go with that initially - but I tended to grip the gun too high putting the web of my hand in a bad spot. I also thought the safety was a bit too small. Just my $0.02

I have a 938, get the XDS. If you’re dead set on the 938 I’ll sell you mine cheap, lol. Can’t stand the thing. I loved the 238 but not the 938.

I like my 938 carried almost all the time. Shoot it a lot, no troubles, even likes cheap ammo. Small conceals easily, and light too (i’ve even carried with basketball shorts) full rails and metal frame, make it a soft shooter.

Anybody have trouble with the XDS mag release with the slide locked back? I have, looked around, lot of videos on it. Other than that , nice carry and 3 free mags don't hurt.

I looked at 3 different XDs when I bought mine. The first had a ridiculously stiff mag release. The second had sights with a little too much paint in them spilling out the edges, and Goldilocks told me to get the third one.

Was kind of in the same boat, I had the Ruger SR9 and needed a smaller carry for the summer. At the time Springfield wasn't on the approved list so I got the 938 and have loved it since.

i was very impressed by how the XDS 9mm performed at the range. super easy to shoot. nice trigger. mags feel great. cycled smooth. looks great. it's an awesome gun with the exception of one major flaw that for me makes it a no-go: the weight. the G43 loaded with 7+1 of 147gr HST's weighs the same as an empty XDS 9mm. since the slide is machined for the 45acp barrel, the 9mm barrel has an unncessary amount of extra thickness. this adds at least 2 oz of weight right there. that being said i felt very confident shooting the XDS. it's a solid design. say what you want about springfield but I do believe the XDS series has earned a solid record and makes a fine carry.

the P938 i was never a big fan of that pistol. the P238 seemed correctly balanced. the P938 isn't built for heavy use. mine had issues that popped up the more I shot it.

those who enjoy the XDS 9 should also check out the PPS (either original or M2). there are a lot of similarities in terms of how they shoot.

Back
Top Bottom