• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG 556 Barrel Work

Has anybody with a MA compliant SIG556 threaded the barrel and added a compensator via a gunsmith? I have heard from a non-gunsmith that the barrel steel may be too hard to do so. I have called a couple gunsmiths, but they have not done such work on the SIG556 and do not know enough about them to tell me otherwise. I'd hate to bring it to one of them to have my rifle be the test subject. [wink] Maybe yours was and you can tell me if it is possible? [smile]

I know nothing about the steel used in the 556's barrel, but I can't imagine it's any harder than the steel used in other barrels.

My thought as well, however, IIRC, JDL Sales was one that said he could not do it. I got the question in to David Santurri as well, but have not heard back yet. Any other gunsmiths I should try - eastern MA?

Jojo's in Southing CT has done a few and they look great. You are looking at $150 if you use thier comp, if not then its $50 plus the cost of the comp

-DM-

Ya, forgot about LaRocca, thanks. I'll also give Jojo's a call, they are close to my brother's house, thanks.

Jojo's does not have the setup to thread the SIG556 barrel yet. They are busy and do not plan on having it in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom