Sig 365X

Ive had a burning question in my head though.
Through the possibility of a purchase.
I can't find the info anywhere or in blind.

Is there any difference between the regular flat 90 degree fcu and the sig custom works one?
Besides the gold tin coating?

Is there any difference between the regular flat 90 degree fcu and the sig custom works one?
The custom works one (specter comp) is the one I have. It has a gold trigger and barrel and a compensator cut into the slide, but not a ported barrel. I don’t know if they make other “custom works” models.

As in just the FCU? I think it's the coating/coloring. If they're the same price, the difference is probably simply cosmetic.

I picked up the XMacro a month or so ago and got a OWB holster from Sig as well.
Like the gun a lot factory sights but the only holster they had in stock could not suck enough.
Verses my 365 SAS holster I also have that is very concealable and easy to carry.
I am waiting for something similar for the Xmacro.
My .02

Other than looks when no ported barrel. does the ported slide do anything? weight savings?
They “claim” it’s a 30% reduction in felt recoil. I can’t vouch for that claim, but the trigger is as nice as the one on my E- series 1911. It’s a joy to shoot.

The barrel is actually recessed a bit. The tip of the barrel is behind the slide cuts, so I guess that’s how it works.

321DD5C1-1ACD-4EFC-B08E-7818D1E7AAFD.jpeg3BA75F6D-40C5-406B-A149-719C230D954A.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my 365X milled out for an RMRcc by Nameless Arms out of AZ. Turnaround time was less than 8-days and works like a dream.

The Romeo Zero Elite that comes with the 365X doesn't inspire a whole ton of confidence, plus I wanted consistency with my Glocks that have RMRs mounted. Trijicon was also running a $100 rebate through 12/31 so that made it more compelling.

I just got a ‘Speed Beez Lever Loader’ today for my 365.

This mag loader is the shizzle. First time using one of these things. Slap your empty mag into the magwell until it locks in, drop a round in the hole and squeeze like a pair of scissors. Repeat until done.

Too easy if you have older hands or arthritis or whatever. I don’t know how long it’ll last but for now Siskel and Ebert give it two thumbs up for ease of use.

CD59D0C2-84FE-4DA7-B87C-006DBC331E7E.jpeg4427934A-7A90-4E83-BDBD-23A3C434E7CF.jpeg4DC435B6-661C-41C7-9A93-86B73D9EF5C8.jpeg97ACF016-AB59-45E0-860C-8EE927CA874E.jpeg

This mag loader is the shizzle. First time using one of these things. Slap your empty mag into the magwell until it locks in, drop a round in the hole and squeeze like a pair of scissors. Repeat until done.

Too easy if you have older hands or arthritis or whatever. I don’t know how long it’ll last but for now Siskel and Ebert give it two thumbs up for ease of use.

View attachment 724295View attachment 724294View attachment 724293View attachment 724292
Thanks! just ordered one for my father.

Not sure if this is a dupe.

SIG EVENT DRACUT, MA!
FEBRUARY 25: Stop by On Target Firearms & Indoor Range for SIG Day on February 25th from 10am to 6pm. There will be demo gun trials, SIG sales across all available products, and a SIG SAUER Trainer on-site to answer questions.

1852 BRIDGE STREET, DRACUT, MA 01826

View attachment 724295View attachment 724294View attachment 724293View attachment 724292
Interesting. What I don't like is you would need a bunch of separate ones for separate pistols.

I think i'll stick with the Maglula

I have a similar contraption, but that looks sweet. Mine was a life saver at a week long pistol course I went to. I went with 8 magazines and it seemed I was reloading them 3-4 times a day.

I have a similar contraption, but that looks sweet. Mine was a life saver at a week long pistol course I went to. I went with 8 magazines and it seemed I was reloading them 3-4 times a day.
Ya it’s a good purchase for sure. I never had a problem loading full size mags, but these little ones were a bitch for some reason. I was like shit boy you better get your ass to the gym or something. So instead I bought that. lol

Ya it’s a good purchase for sure. I never had a problem loading full size mags, but these little ones were a bitch for some reason. I was like shit boy you better get your ass to the gym or something. So instead I bought that. lol
Spending money is easy, gym takes effort. You made the right choice!

They “claim” it’s a 30% reduction in felt recoil. I can’t vouch for that claim, but the trigger is as nice as the one on my E- series 1911. It’s a joy to shoot.

The barrel is actually recessed a bit. The tip of the barrel is behind the slide cuts, so I guess that’s how it works.

View attachment 724285View attachment 724287
If it really is a 30% recoil reduction, that is huge.

If you like garbage triggers and undercutting your own grip

100% would recommend the macro

The guy he quoted owned a 43x and was talking about buying a 365X, so not sure what garbage trigger you're talking about. the glock? who cares, if hes switching? [laugh]

That said most of this stuff is nonsense anyways, shoot what you like. If I didnt have a 43 and a 43x I'd probably get a 365x but I'm not going through the transactional costs of
switching. Maybe if I decide to get on the TV set bandwagon I just assume do both at the same time. [laugh] I do think the 365/X/XL etc are overall quality especially given sigs marginal track record with QC.

The guy he quoted owned a 43x and was talking about buying a 365X, so not sure what garbage trigger you're talking about. the glock? who cares, if hes switching? [laugh]

That said most of this stuff is nonsense anyways, shoot what you like. If I didnt have a 43 and a 43x I'd probably get a 365x but I'm not going through the transactional costs of
switching. Maybe if I decide to get on the TV set bandwagon I just assume do both at the same time. [laugh] I do think the 365/X/XL etc are overall quality especially given sigs marginal track record with QC.
Idk 365 triggers feel like a cat throwing up in my hand

I just bought a macro...like the size cap and sights

But i did dr dremel the f*** out of the frame and hate the trigger

I just put the compensated slide on my 365X. Shot way better than the standard 365 slide + red dot I had before. So now my choice is to a) move the optic, b) the hell with red dots or c) buy a second optic.

Considering my poor life choices in the past, C looks to be the winner here.

I just put the compensated slide on my 365X. Shot way better than the standard 365 slide + red dot I had before. So now my choice is to a) move the optic, b) the hell with red dots or c) buy a second optic.

Considering my poor life choices in the past, C looks to be the winner here.
Buying another optic is always the right choice. Take a look at the Shield RMSc 8moa glass. I just replaced a Holosun 407k on my 43x and it made a big difference. The 407k was too thick around the window and obscured my vision. The Shield is half as thick, or less. I also couldn’t deal with a fixed brightness. With my luck it would always be either too dim to see, or way too bright to see anything else. That works fine on my competition or range guns, but for EDC, I require auto-brightness. It may not be perfect, but it will be better than a fixed brightness. I just ordered another one for my P365XL.

Buying another optic is always the right choice. Take a look at the Shield RMSc 8moa glass. I just replaced a Holosun 407k on my 43x and it made a big difference. The 407k was too thick around the window and obscured my vision. The Shield is half as thick, or less. I also couldn’t deal with a fixed brightness. With my luck it would always be either too dim to see, or way too bright to see anything else. That works fine on my competition or range guns, but for EDC, I require auto-brightness. It may not be perfect, but it will be better than a fixed brightness. I just ordered another one for my P365XL.

My 407k has adjustable brightness, but I think I have the more recent X2 version. It just isn't auto-adjusting, which I'm ok with for the price point. In fact, there are some scenarios that auto-adjusting might not be ideal, like shooting in a shaded box outside where your field of view is washed out by the sun.

My 407k has adjustable brightness, but I think I have the more recent X2 version. It just isn't auto-adjusting, which I'm ok with for the price point. In fact, there are some scenarios that auto-adjusting might not be ideal, like shooting in a shaded box outside where your field of view is washed out by the sun.
I hear you, it’s definitely a personal preference, and price is a factor. My 407’s have adjustable brightness, but it’s manual, and I decided I wanted auto-brightness on an EDC. And I accept the limitations. Every optic has Pros and Cons, it’s all about deciding what’s better for you. I put one of the 407K optics on my P322 and I LOVE it there. I’ll probably put the other in my Taurus TX22 and it will be great there as well. I definitely wasn’t knocking the Holosun, I have a half dozen of them on various range toys.

I hear you, it’s definitely a personal preference, and price is a factor. My 407’s have adjustable brightness, but it’s manual, and I decided I wanted auto-brightness on an EDC. And I accept the limitations. Every optic has Pros and Cons, it’s all about deciding what’s better for you. I put one of the 407K optics on my P322 and I LOVE it there. I’ll probably put the other in my Taurus TX22 and it will be great there as well. I definitely wasn’t knocking the Holosun, I have a half dozen of them on various range toys.

The 407k is a sweet spot for price to performance ratio. I'd love an Aimpoint or Trijicon, but I just can't seem to justify their price tags to myself considering this is non-duty use. So I've been investigating entry to mid level optics for a while. Have a couple Swampfox products, and those are decent, but I think Holosun is still better.

I'm no fanboy though. I lament that they are made in China. But I would say, this is quite possibly the only time in my life that a Chinese product has (so far) lived up to marketing. Time is to tell how durable it is, but they seem to get decent reviews.

The 407k is a sweet spot for price to performance ratio. I'd love an Aimpoint or Trijicon, but I just can't seem to justify their price tags to myself considering this is non-duty use.

I'm no fanboy though. I lament that they are made in China. But I would say, this is quite possibly the only time in my life that a Chinese product has (so far) lived up to marketing. Time is to tell how durable it is, but they seem to get decent reviews.

A lot of the holosuns im seeing lately are $350.00+, I saw one the other day at a shop that was like 500.00+ (Unsure of the model).

I’m not knocking them, I don’t have any holosun, but lot of guys here love them.

To your point above you can get a Trijicon RMRcc for like 400.00 new. I would choose that over the holo personally, unless you’re looking for like a cheaper 150.00 version solely for the range.

A lot of the holosuns im seeing lately are $350.00+, I saw one the other day at a shop that was like 500.00+ (Unsure of the model).

I’m not knocking them, I don’t have any holosun, but lot of guys here love them.

To your point above you can get a Trijicon RMRcc for like 400.00 new. I would choose that over the holo personally, unless you’re looking for like a cheaper 150.00 version solely for the range.

They've got a range, for sure, but the 407K is around $225. Less during holiday sales.

Back
Top Bottom