• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG 320 Compact in 45 ACP ??

Has anybody had any experience with a sig 320 in 45?

thinking about it in the compact size, if I can find one.

looks like it is made per their web site.

What are your thoughts?

I am looking for a 320 in 45. Full size. Let me know if you see any and i will let you know if i come across any compacts

I'm in my other state of residence (not mass) for a few more weeks and was thinking of looking for one with out the safety.
I'm still one of the ones that don't mind having a safety, I'm torn between one with or without.
if you see one post it up.

I was at sig academy a couple of months back and they will send a MA compliant version to mass.
I should of pulled the trigger then, with the class discount, but at that time I was thinking non safety.

Part of the issue with the 45acp availability is that the FCU is different....it's not swappable with the 9/40/357 model. add to that the high demand, so they're tough to find. i would track one down via gunbroker or Sig. that is your best bet. unfortunately unlikely to find one at local dealers.

in terms of safety vs no safety, i do not understand why one would want a thumb safety but this is personal preference so I respect it. however I'm not sure Sig has produced a P320 45acp model with thumb safety. if that's your preference I would call Sig and ask them, since it might not even exist.

Part of the issue with the 45acp availability is that the FCU is different....it's not swappable with the 9/40/357 model. add to that the high demand, so they're tough to find. i would track one down via gunbroker or Sig. that is your best bet. unfortunately unlikely to find one at local dealers.
I forgot about that, now I'm have second thoughts on 45. there's a dealer here who has a good selection of sigs but haven't stopped by yet.

in terms of safety vs no safety, i do not understand why one would want a thumb safety but this is personal preference so I respect it. however I'm not sure Sig has produced a P320 45acp model with thumb safety. if that's your preference I would call Sig and ask them, since it might not even exist.

yes , i'm one of those who on fence of safety no safety as you state for personal reasons.
sig web site shows the compact 45 in nitron (black) in 45 with the sig night sights only (mass with safety version)
otherwise both sights are available in non safety version.
link
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-nitron-compact.html

Last edited:
Dont waste your time reading their website. Much of it is out of date or not yet updated. Like I said, if specific model you want such as 45 w safety, call Sig to find out if they even make it. Otherwise you might be looking for nonesistent firearm.

The other thing to watch for on the new P320s is what style of slide lock you have. It looks like they have a newer slide lock style out now thats becoming "Standard" its much lower profile. I have girl hands so it doesn't matter much to me but if you had issues with the slide lock it might be worth getting particular about.

-Mike

on the new P320s is what style of slide lock you have. It looks like they have a newer slide lock style out now thats becoming "Standard" its much lower profile

I went to the store and checked out all three sizes.
one had the newer slide lock. its a little smaller and lower profile and looks cheaper.
the frame also has a raised u shape surrounding slide lock lever similar to raised area around ar15 mag release button.

the subcompact is not that much smaller than the compact I was hoping it would be.

the sub compact also has a flatter grip on the side

no 45s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom