• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig 239 +1 round attachment

Does anyone have a Sig 239 with the additional round magazine attachment that top gun supply offers? As far as I know, this is the closest to a finger extension that I have seen for the 239. I would preferably like one like Ruger does on the SR9C or SR40C which are very comfortable in my limited experience handling them. If I am to buy one I want to make sure I have a great grip on it especially as it would be intended as a carry gun. Do you folks in your experience think that the quarter inch addition would be enough and do any of you know anywhere else that offers a finger extension for the 239 to compare? I want to really think about these kinds of things before I get serious about a purchase. I also wonder how much Hogue grips would help as I have them on my 226 and it is really comfortable so that might be a nice addition and provide a better grip, but I still wonder about the finger extension.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sau...57-magazine-plus-1-kit.html#bcse-prnr-reviews

I have Hogue's on both my 226 and 239 and they are very comfortable. I'd say pick them up and see if they help you.

With the little lip on the factory mags and the hogue grip, I don't have any problem fitting my entire hand on it and controlling the gun.

I have Hogue's on both my 226 and 239 and they are very comfortable. I'd say pick them up and see if they help you.

With the little lip on the factory mags and the hogue grip, I don't have any problem fitting my entire hand on it and controlling the gun.
What he said. I have big hands, and never really had a grip problem this way.

I also have Hogues on my 239 and it was well worth it. I have very large hands and this setup feels great to me.

I looked at the longer magazine initially but no longer feel like I need it.

Yes, I have one. Quick explanation of this. This extension was originally designed for the .357sig version of the 239. Unlike the double-stack P series, which uses the same magazine for .357sig and .40s&w, the single stack P239 has a different magazine for .40s&w and .357sig. (My understanding is that the extra-round .357sig magazine was built when Sig was competing for a recent government contract...air marshals I think. Not totally sure if that's true.) Turns out that the mag extension works equally well for .40s&w and the good folks at TGS started stocking the parts. Here are some pics.

239_normalmag.jpg
239_plusone.jpg
magcompare.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom