• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG 1911 in 22LR

$399.00 for full size 1911 in 22LR...look pretty good

http://www.sigsauerguns.com/product-highlights/sig-sauer-1911-22-22lr-at-shot/

"Out of all the newest pistols coming out in 2011, Sig Sauer’s 1911-22 chambered in .22LR may be one of the most overlooked models. Sig’s 1911-22 .22LR is a full size 1911 at a very reasonable price. MSRP is only $399!

This model has rosewood grips, contrast sights, a black finish, and a SAO trigger.

I had the opportunity to handle the .22LR 1911 at SHOT on Tuesday and it feels absolutely outstanding in your hand. The weight is great and the trigger is really crisp – better than you’d expect. All that Sig needs now is a threaded barrel for this beauty so I can throw my AAC Prodigy on it!"

SIG is also putting out a compact 1911 .45 and bringing back the P210 .9mm for $2,400.00.

Last edited:
I've been checking around and it looks like the 1911 22LR is a rebadged GSG. The feedback on the GSG looks pretty good. The GSG looks to be a bit cheaper to buy. MA compliant, probably not.

I've been checking around and it looks like the 1911 22LR is a rebadged GSG. The feedback on the GSG looks pretty good. The GSG looks to be a bit cheaper to buy. MA compliant, probably not.

+1 I thought that it looked a lot like a GSG 1911 also

I suspect it's not made of steel.

Not sure about the 1911, but I do know that the P-series .22 conversion slides are aluminum and are made by a 3rd party. Fit and finish are not great and most require some minor tweaking to get them to work properly. Hopefully the 1911 version is better.

I read a few of the GSG reviews. The slide is aluminum and the finish rubs off rather easily. In order to insure that the slide locks back on an empty mag, they're finding you need to shoot HV rounds at about 1400 FPS. The floor plate on the mag is plastic and the mags, if you can find one, cost $30-$40 each.

But for a $300 gun that ain't bad. I guess that since they're getting very popular the price has crept up and is getting in the high $300s.

I've been thinking about buying a mosquito, maybe I'll hold off and wait to see if this is released in a Mass compliant version.

my Kimber 22lr 1911 kit has aluminum slide and i think most do. This is a good thing in a 22lr 1911 the light weight of the slide allows it to cycle with the little loads. I am sure that an all steel slide on a full size 1911 would not generate much speed with a 22lr pushing it

Back
Top Bottom