• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHTF Stove | Camping Stove | I Just Want a Cool Stove

Army buddy bought a Svea 123 in 1981. He is still using it, without rebuild. Cool stove. Very fast.

My 1982 Coleman Peak1 (bought at the Fort Knox PX) needed a rebuild in 2012. Kit was about $10.

On the snowmobile we keep fire starters, folding saw, and several “flaming balls of death” AKA cotton balls saturated with vasolene.

View: https://youtu.be/AFyy6vVHQHs

Last edited:
what instructions did you use? that looks cool.
It was an old site years ago ,,, if I can find it I a will post. I used the short kitchen utensil holder from IKEA , not sure if they still have them. And just cut sections out with a Dremel. I will post a picture later ,,, skiing now. Use titanium stakes for the pot support. It burns nice with plenty of air to the fire ,,,

It was an old site years ago ,,, if I can find it I a will post. I used the short kitchen utensil holder from IKEA , not sure if they still have them. And just cut sections out with a Dremel. I will post a picture later ,,, skiing now. Use titanium stakes for the pot support. It burns nice with plenty of air to the fire ,,,
they are still available, cheap too.....

Army buddy bought a Svea 123 in 1981. He is still using it, without rebuild. Cool stove. Very fast.

My 1982 Coleman Peak1 (bought at the Fort Knox PX) needed a rebuild in 2012. Kit was about $10.

On the snowmobile we keep fire starters, folding saw, and several “flaming balls of death” AKA cotton balls saturated with vasolene.

View: https://youtu.be/AFyy6vVHQHs

I still have mine from the 1970s. All I've done is replace a seal in the gas cap's pressure relief valve. I haven't been backpacking in a while :( so I polished it and put it on the shelf. Never gonna sell it.
Svea 123 Stove.jpg

I still have mine from the 1970s. All I've done is replace a seal in the gas cap's pressure relief valve. I haven't been backpacking in a while :( so I polished it and put it on the shelf. Never gonna sell it.
View attachment 842851
[rockon] Before packing up to move mine sat on the top shelf of the bookcase next to my desk. Bought it in the 80s and it sure made some miserable days a little better.

Back
Top Bottom