• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHTF reading

I just listened to 48 hours on audio book. William Forstchen. Bronson Pinchot has become my favorite voice. Did it all in one day, 11 hours on my first day of retirement while I worked in the shed.
Serge! I met Bronson pinchot in the late 80's when I worked at the four seasons

View: http://youtu.be/GHZWWFmaFcI

Am I the only person who found the Foxfire books hard to read? I mean people hold them up like the holy grail but...ugh.
They don't read like a novel, for sure. It's reference material to me. Are you ever going to actually weave a basket from black willow branches? No? That chapter may be pretty dry. I pick and choose chapters here and there to read when I need to or when I feel nostalgic.
I grew up living what those books teach, learning from my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

Survival Lessons from the Balkan Wars - SHTF Anthology

149 page pdf ... free to read or download for later, written by Selco Begovic.

I presume you've read FerFAL's

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse​

I presume you've read FerFAL's

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse​

Listened and would love to hear an update 6 years later.

Survival Lessons from the Balkan Wars - SHTF Anthology

149 page pdf ... free to read or download for later, written by Selco Begovic.
Absolutely incredible, eye opening read on how a real SHTF situation goes down- thanks for posting! This is a must read (IMO) for everyone these days, especially considering the circumstances. Really dials in on what's important/what's not so important and how many little things most folks haven't thought about can make a big difference in surviving a real SHTF situation or not.

First hand experiences (Selco) are always enlightening. Everyone's situation is different but, the basics remain.
Sobering read for sure but, opens your eyes to the things that really matter.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but Mark Tufo has a whole Zombie Fallout series, 18 books right now, that are awesome. I get the Audibles, so I think that makes them better. Same narrator for all the books helps too. Highly reccommend for anyone who likes Zombies. Same lead characters through all of them. He also has about 25 other books inlcuding SHTF scenarios and Clowns, Werewolves and Vampires.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but Mark Tufo has a whole Zombie Fallout series, 18 books right now, that are awesome. I get the Audibles, so I think that makes them better. Same narrator for all the books helps too. Highly reccommend for anyone who likes Zombies. Same lead characters through all of them. He also has about 25 other books inlcuding SHTF scenarios and Clowns, Werewolves and Vampires.
Sounds like it's right up my alley. I can't get into the three books on my nightstand so this is perfect.

If I took public transportation I could maybe get into audible. I can't imagine myself just sitting there listening. I'd either doze off or start doing something while trying to listen.

I listen while I'm working in the yard, tinkering etc, then when I go to bed I set up the sleep timer and bookmark.

Mark Tufo is from MA and lives in ME, his books have lot of scenes in the areas between.

I listen while I'm working in the yard, tinkering etc, then when I go to bed I set up the sleep timer and bookmark.

Mark Tufo is from MA and lives in ME, his books have lot of scenes in the areas between.
Started the first Zombie one today. Decent so far. Available for free on Libby.

Started the first Zombie one today. Decent so far. Available for free on Libby.

Yea, I think there are about 5 or 6 free ones in the series. Just pay attention to the next in series, they aren't all numbered. The good part is, you can listen out of sequence and still know what's happening.

Island of the Lost by Joan Druett.

Basically tells the story of how two different groups of shipwrecked survivors manage on different parts of Auckland Islands. I found myself realizing how people today probably wouldn't fare as well as one group did if they were to shipwreck because they don't have the same core set of skills. Anyways I will have it up in Karma probably this weekend.

Also I didn't realize until last week that A. American dropped another book in his "Going Home Series" and Bruno Miller also released the next book of his "Dark Road" series. Both will be up for Karma when I finish them.

Island of the Lost by Joan Druett.

Basically tells the story of how two different groups of shipwrecked survivors manage on different parts of Auckland Islands. I found myself realizing how people today probably wouldn't fare as well as one group did if they were to shipwreck because they don't have the same core set of skills. Anyways I will have it up in Karma probably this weekend.

Also I didn't realize until last week that A. American dropped another book in his "Going Home Series" and Bruno Miller also released the next book of his "Dark Road" series. Both will be up for Karma when I finish them.

Going home, great series.

Back
Top Bottom