SHTF Ammo

Just wanted to give my 2cents about SHTF ammo.

IMO, there is NO CHANCE IN HELL that 9mm will be the most available / best choice ammo for SHTF.
If SHTF, there will be NO AMMO ANYWHERE! Look what a national scare on gun laws did to 9mm in general. What do you think will happen if a true SHTF event happens?

The best ammo for SHTF is the one that you stock for yourself!

Are you stocking 9mm?

like everyone else?

so what caliber do you think is the most likely you will find in a SHTF scenario ?

I don't expect that any caliber will be growing on trees, or just sitting around for the taking. You have to depend on what you have stored up.

From what I saw during the Obama-ammopocalypse, the most plentiful ammo afer SHTF will be .270 or 20 GA shot shells.
Buy your firearms accordingly.

SHTF = what store?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Yes --- I enjoy everyone's responses. All sarcastic of course which is good. It seems there are 1000's of articles on "what gun for SHTF."
Every single article says 9mm is the best choice due to the abundance of 9mm ammo. I can't believe that is written. There will be no ammo for anything. Just sayin--- everyone who writes these articles says the same wrong thing.

- - - Updated - - -

If there are rabbits available and your gun can put that on it you are fine....except for the rabbit starvation part.

In convenient, hockey-puck shaped tins.

In convenient, hockey-puck shaped tins.

Nah..I buy in bulk [smile]

0205B592_zps694551c5.jpg

I've been thinking about this whole ammo thing , and trying to get Outside the Box.

If TSHTF it might make sense to disarm and gather all your neighbors together so y can form a drum circle. If you can put out enough good vibes then everything will be cool.

Pool your resources , elect a group leader democratically , and distribute the wealth equitably. Some 1%er types might need a little persuasion , but a big hug always make people feel better.

Singing helps , too. Check to see if there are counselors or musicians who can lead group singing sessions. And then when the Authorities show up with blankets and soup people will be really happy.

But , ... I might be late , so start without me.

I've been thinking about this whole ammo thing , and trying to get Outside the Box.

If TSHTF it might make sense to disarm and gather all your neighbors together so y can form a drum circle. If you can put out enough good vibes then everything will be cool.

Pool your resources , elect a group leader democratically , and distribute the wealth equitably. Some 1%er types might need a little persuasion , but a big hug always make people feel better.

Singing helps , too. Check to see if there are counselors or musicians who can lead group singing sessions. And then when the Authorities show up with blankets and soup people will be really happy.

But , ... I might be late , so start without me.

Maybe we could donate our excess firearms, fuel, food and ammo to help law enforcement protect and serve the hell out of us....

How much ammo will you really need? How many fire fights do you think you will get into? How much ammo can you really carry if you have to move on foot?

I have a lot of ammo but the truth is all you need to have is decent amount full mags for you SHTF handgun and rifle.

All extra ammo is good for pratice

How much ammo will you really need? How many fire fights do you think you will get into? How much ammo can you really carry if you have to move on foot?

I have a lot of ammo but the truth is all you need to have is decent amount full mags for you SHTF handgun and rifle.

oh ok. So SHTF to you is not a big deal? I think you are referring to when SHTF for a couple weeks. Just a couple mags?[rofl]

As a whole why would you look to head out on foot? Head out to your bug out location and secure the area. If you need to double back to a vehicle with supplies make sure you have enough of a force to secure both locations while setting up. As for fire fights... It's nice to not have to use ammo but lets face it in a protracted event you will bleed ammo. Be it on hunting, defense or what ever. It will happen and having enough mobile can be a huge asset. Those that talk about not being able to mOve with a couple cans have not set up well enough in my book. The other key is to do EVERYTHING at night.

oh ok. So SHTF to you is not a big deal? I think you are referring to when SHTF for a couple weeks. Just a couple mags?[rofl]

6 rifle mags and 2 pistol mags on my PC. That is fine if you're away from your supply but you better have a source to resupply if needed. But I agree a couple mags[laugh] I hope that's all everyone else has.

As a whole why would you look to head out on foot? Head out to your bug out location and secure the area. If you need to double back to a vehicle with supplies make sure you have enough of a force to secure both locations while setting up. As for fire fights... It's nice to not have to use ammo but lets face it in a protracted event you will bleed ammo. Be it on hunting, defense or what ever. It will happen and having enough mobile can be a huge asset. Those that talk about not being able to mOve with a couple cans have not set up well enough in my book. The other key is to do EVERYTHING at night.

On foot? Roads are blocked cant carry mich ammo on a bike,

What if you bug out location burns down or is comprmised

Back
Top Bottom