Shriners - Wilmington MA: March 3&4

Hi NES~

Most likely I’ll be heading to the Shriners’ Show next month...not a lot of experience / points of reference. I hit Marlboro in January with a friend, so that’s all I have to “compare” to...

Thoughts, suggestions, expectations?

Thanks

Herd

Hi NES~

Most likely I’ll be heading to the Shriners’ Show next month...not a lot of experience / points of reference. I hit Marlboro in January with a friend, so that’s all I have to “compare” to...

Thanks

Herd
The one they had there a couple months back wasn't very big. Recently did the Foxboro show....MUCH larger. NO DEALS too be had on anything I saw at either. But, looking at guns is always fun!

Don't get excited, its something to do if you have time to waste, but if you plan on going to a gun show these days and making some kind of a big score, you will be disappointed.

-Mike

I can't say I have made any big scores at Gun Shows ever. Saved a couple of bucks here and there in the past, not so much theses days. I have met new dealers that I haven't traded with before, supported people I have traded with in their shops. Seen folks I know from shooting events I've attended. Met new people when we discussed things with the same dealer. It's an $11 Saturday morning if your so tight fisted as to not want to spend $11 on something that you enjoy and participate in , then stay home and buy all your crap online where no one actually answers any questions you may have or that someone could possibly pass on some knowledge to you. You never know when you could just be listening to someone talk with a dealer and hear something you didn't know or a tip that made doing something a different way that made the task easier, there is a lot of older knowledge in that room. I enjoy talking with older members of the shooting sports for all that insight.

Last edited:
I'm going even if it's just to buy jerky.
If these gunshows slow down they won't keep coming around.

And that's the true shame...

Hi NES~

Thanks

Herd

First Gunshow?
Just go with a couple of twenties in your pocket and an open mind. Take a friend too.
It is a bazaar-like experience of sights, sounds and smells.
If you see something small that you like and don't feel like you're going to get kissed afterwards... buy it.
The main thing is to have fun. That's what these things are all about.
A Rendezvous for Gun lovers...
I'm going, and I've been going for years. But, the way things are going, they may not be around forever...

iu

This will be my first gun show, I wanted to know if I could bring a friend even if they don’t have their LTC.

You will love it. Gunshows are fun, even if the prices are high. You'll see things you won't see at local gun shops. Even if your friend doesn't have an LTC, make sure to bring yours.
Handle every single firearm that you want. This is one way to narrow down what you may want to get next. For me, a gun that doesn't feel good in the hand, will never make it to
my gun range and eventually my safe. Go!

~Matt

Half of the reason to go to Marlboro and Sturbridge is good local food nearby. I've never found anything near Shriners so it doesn't entice me. That and F the Illumanti! LOL

I don't think I've ever bought anything at Shriners. I think I've either not bought or picked it up a few weeks earlier in Marlboro.

If you DIDN'T go to Marlboro, it's worth the trip. Get there at 7:45 and you can park right out front. Been there, did that several times. LOL

I like the Shriner's gun show better then most of the others. While there are mostly the same vendors, there are more then a few different ones as well. Decent show overall. As others have said, you will most likely will not score a big deal with the larger vendors. Best chance for a good deal will be with the smaller vendors and with those you have to barter with them. If persistent you can get a reasonably good deal.

Crop dusting and BO is as American as Bullets and Beef Jerky...

Back
Top Bottom