Shriners - Wilmington MA: March 3&4

Yeah, same old, nothing good to be had. I might have jumped on a lever .357 or a m1a. but prices sucked and those were not to be found.

I was looking for a lever action .357 as well. There used to be a table that would have a couple out but they were nowhere to be found.

Nestor Ramos: I went to a gun show to find answers. All I was shown was the door - The Boston Globe

I paid my $12 admission and walked into a hall that looked a lot like other gun shows I’ve been to in other states. Vendors sat behind folding tables arranged into rows, some lined with rifles or glass cases filled with handguns. Most of the vendors appeared to be selling things other than guns: knives, ammunition, holsters, hearing protection, unflattering pictures of Hillary Clinton, and hot sauce, for some reason.

But the rest of my questions would have to wait. After wandering around for an hour, I identified myself and was told that the Globe was not welcome. I was not allowed to conduct interviews or otherwise speak with attendees or vendors on the premises. A request to allow a Globe photographer in was also denied.

The show’s organizer, Newman Chittenden, had seen the Globe’s front page from the days after the Parkland shooting —“We Know What Will Happen Next,” the story of the hypothetical future tragedy that we all know is coming. I wrote the story; Chittenden was not a fan.

We talked for a while about guns and laws. It was pleasant enough, although we didn’t find much to agree on. Chittenden, who lives in New York and organizes shows like this one around the Northeast several times a year, said he believes America has too many restrictions on firearms, and that those restrictions do little or nothing to prevent deaths.

In the parking lot, nearly every car had Massachusetts plates, so I would have liked to ask attendees whether they thought the hoops you have to jump through around here to own any gun legally have helped Massachusetts have the lowest rate of gun deaths in the country. All gun owners here must have an identification card or license to carry approved by their local police — isn’t that a reasonable restriction that other states should try?

And I would have asked the young man who bought a Colt AR-15 — legal for sale because the gun pre-dated the state’s ban on assault weapons — what motivated him to spend nearly $2,500 on a rifle much like the one the Parkland shooter used.

Maybe his farm is overrun with varmints. Maybe he has trouble with squirrels chewing through the eaves and has tired of trapping them one by one.

Maybe he’s going to buy it and destroy it. That’s what Scott Pappalardo of New York did; a video of him sawing his AR-15 in half went viral.

“This isn’t the answer to solve all the problems. Quite frankly there is no one answer. There will always be people that will want to kill and will do it one way or another,” Pappalardo said in the video. “But they are not going to do it with this gun. And I’m hoping that maybe someone will see it and say: ‘Maybe I’ll do the same thing.’”

Nestor Ramos can be reached at [email protected]

Last edited:
Guy comes in with an attitude, has a history of writing anti gun articles, works for the Globe that has been anti gun since the 1970s (at least), and is SHOCKED, SHOCKED, that he can't get people to talk to him. He also doesn't mention that NO ONE is allowed to take pictures at those gun shows.

Sadly, the Leftists who read the Glob will believe every word of it.

Maybe Ramos should have read the Jeff Jacoby article pointing out that since the 1998 anti gun law was passed, shooting homicides have gone up compared to the rest of the country. Of course, that's the fault of those "out of state gun owners" who apparently are happy to risk going to prison to sell guns to people in MA that can't buy guns.

This stuff gets old, but that doesn't stop the Left from purveying their lies.

Guy comes in with an attitude, has a history of writing anti gun articles, works for the Globe that has been anti gun since the 1970s (at least), and is SHOCKED, SHOCKED, that he can't get people to talk to him. He also doesn't mention that NO ONE is allowed to take pictures at those gun shows.

Sadly, the Leftists who read the Glob will believe every word of it.

Maybe Ramos should have read the Jeff Jacoby article pointing out that since the 1998 anti gun law was passed, shooting homicides have gone up compared to the rest of the country. Of course, that's the fault of those "out of state gun owners" who apparently are happy to risk going to prison to sell guns to people in MA that can't buy guns.

This stuff gets old, but that doesn't stop the Left from purveying their lies.

No dialog with left. Ever! They pulled pussy hats over their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom