• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners - Wilmington MA: March 3&4

Just got back home after attending the show. I arrived at 10:00 AM and there was no line and the parking lot less than half full. The show was only a shadow of it self in past years with large blocks of empty tables. Very disappointing as it used to be a good show. No demonstrators which had been threatened. The absence of Terry Goode and Collectors Firearms and Militaria has left a VERY big hole. Hope Terry is doing well and makes a fast recovery! Pricing was more ridiculous than ever! Bottom line is it was one of the worst shows I have been to in years. Hope it's not a trend. It will be interesting to hear the reports from the Big E show next weekend, another show/venue that has seriously faded over time.

Pete Gordon is at this show

This used to be a pretty good show, however has not lived up to expectations the last few shows. Has neither the guality nor quantity of previous shows.

Looks like I’ll get the full experience on Sunday...will update if I see (or smell) anything that hasn’t been referenced already....

Thanks for sharing y’all

A typical Wilmington experience. Which is to say, not worth $11.

Unless you really like jerky.

I went because I was bored, and because the last time I went was maybe 3 years ago. Makes me sad; I fondly remember better shows in better states years ago.

Fun show as usual, went with a friend, 10-minute line at 9:30. Maybe 20% fewer vendors than at past shows. Friend was on a mission to pick up a Mini-14, found one in 5 minutes at Tombstone Trading Company (good guys) table and bought it, $850-ish. He picked up a couple preban Mini-14 mags from two other vendors, one $35, one $40, a nice made-in-USA zippered rifle case from the West Virginia fellow, and a case of 420 rds. of 5.56x45 Federal XM193 55 gr. on stripper clips from the ammo vendor near the front door, $165, competitive price. Nothing special on my shopping list, still had a good time.

Lol. We need to sponsor a NES table...

In for a hundo.

I went specifically looking for low 30mm rings for a project and there were virtually no rings across the whole show. Ended up buying them at Cabelas on the way home. Lots of empty tables, which I''d equate to vendors not showing up due to weather. Made a deal on something I'd been after for a while. Otherwise it was an OK show. Remember the show being a little better in the past.

Very disappointing. Surprised that no one had any of the few cool rifles that you can still buy in MA (Tavor, Scar, etc.). A handful of pre 94AR’S. $2300-$2400.

I went in looking for 7.62x39 Bakelite Mags and scored at the last table I checked out. Otherwise, same old stuff! Definitely some empty space, but not as dire as some are making it out to be.

Here's the $1 off coupon for those going today.

Just got home - not disappointed, but not many deals to be had. Still fun to get out and look at all the options out there....

Forgot to add that I was able to handle an M1A today and it is a beautiful rifle

Last edited:
Had to go Sunday due to the storm. Everything looks pretty picked over. Must have been an awfully good Saturday 'cause nothing interesting was left for Sunday.

I was there today. Did anyone by chance see a woman who looked exactly like Alec Baldwin? It was the highlight of the show for me.
Poor woman!!! [rofl] I did notice they called an ambulance for some older gent. He must have looked at some of the prices and thought he was having a heart attack. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom