Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

If a 2nd large ammo vendor shows up, things get interesting... if not, then the ammo prices will suck badly, as they did at Marlboro with a tiny handful of minor exceptions.

-Mike

Thats the other NY vendor from 308ammo.com. Hes usually always there.

I'll be there early Saturday hunting for Saiga build goodies and that odd deal that pops up.[grin]

back already.
i went in with ricochet, who saved me from a monster line after he saw me wandering around towards the back of it.
also saw milsurplus 4 me with a SKS (what a shock! [rofl])

this show was better then the past ones. typical gun show stuff, nothing to out of the ordinary.

good deals on ammo cans, i got a .50 BMG can in great condition for $9.

Any primers or other reloading supplies? Going after work

Oh and one of the vendors was selling brand new HK USP.40 pistols, full size and compact. P2000 as well but none on display. They looked very nice. Guess they're compliant again, but not the 9mm, per the vendor.

We got there ~9:30 and there was a line but it was moving quickly. Didn't think it was as busy as Marlborough. Some stuff was priced high, but there were deals to be found if you looked hard enough.

Oh and one of the vendors was selling brand new HK USP.40 pistols, full size and compact. P2000 as well but none on display. They looked very nice. Guess they're compliant again, but not the 9mm, per the vendor.

which vendor? Im very tempted to splurge on one of these.

I went and it was decent as these shows go. Ammo prices have come down a bit relative to a year ago. I saw a case of 9mm AE for $197 from the ammo guy with the Elvis hair and the prices on gun vaults were very good. I also saw a battle pack of .308 for $99.

On the other hand, I saw an M&P15ft for $1489.

As always, be very careful of any mags you buy.

Not a bad show. Picked up a DTOM mug to use at work. I know for a fact not a single person I work with will use this mug, so it will always be mine. Also found a Mossberg 500 stock for $16, great condition.

As usual, lots of overpriced stuff. There's one vendor with a pair of Mustang grips I want but don't need, he's had them for the last half dozen shows and the price hasn't changed. They are priced a bit on the high side at $50 and I keep trying to negotiate with him, but he won't budge a dollar. He keeps telling me they are super rare, hard to find, everyone wants them, to which I reply "yet yours are still here" and walk away. I tried to tell him $40 for them is better than $0, but he doesn't grasp the concept.

..As usual, lots of overpriced stuff. There's one vendor with a pair of Mustang grips I want but don't need, he's had them for the last half dozen shows and the price hasn't changed...

So true. The price tags on some firearms are so old they've faded and yellowed. You can tell they've been carted in and out for many years and the price hasn't been touched.

So true. The price tags on some firearms are so old they've faded and yellowed. You can tell they've been carted in and out for many years and the price hasn't been touched.

It baffles me. It's like they don't want to sell it. On the other hand, Pete's always has a greatly stocked table, and they are always willing to work on prices.

I was there at 11 and it was packed. I planned on picking up a magazine for my old Savage 23-D .22 Hornet and the only guy that I found that had some wanted $50 each for used magazines. Ummm...no thanks! I did pick up my 1911PD that I've been paying off though so I'm as happy as a pig in shit. [grin]

Spent a couple of hours wondering around justing seeing what caught my eye. It was really crowded at 10:45, but was better by noon. Some ok (and I mean barely ok) prices on older hard to find revolvers, but I showed some self control. I did find a bunch of Tyler T grips and older S&W magna grips that I always buy. I also bought a few things from the same M1 carbine guy that always has small USGI parts that I need. The ammo prices were not great, but they were better than Marlboro. Bev was there (from Frank & Tiny's) on the back left wall, and she had some harder to find ammo and reloading supplies at pretty good prices.

I have to thin the heard a little bit before I buy anymore revolvers/rifles. I am few guns over maximum capacity right now. Don't be surprised if you see a few WWII rifles and 357 mag revolvers in the classifieds soon, as I prepare for the Marlboro show in April.

Best show deal was the NY guys selling 500 rnd loaves of XM193 for $155.

The other ammo guy had 9mm Fed AE 115gr for $197 a case, which is pretty good.

For those looking for mags don't bother with this one. Worse than Marlboro on that front.

I think this show set some kind of a record for the most amount of Chinese garbage LED flashlighs under one roof. [rofl]

Anyone else notice the ATF booth at the back? Those guys looked bored to tears. [laugh]

Basically I was disappointed with the show. Way overpriced on many things. The food was good as always. I saw many overpriced handguns that I have seen at several shows. Same dealers, same guns, and the same price tags.
I was able to find some powder that I hadn't been able to find, and bought a few incidental small AR parts from the same guys that I always
buy them from. Got a bag of 50 AR stripper clips to use with the StripLula. ($6.00)
Had an incident when leaving that assures I will never go there again, nor will my friend who was with me. When leaving, the Wilmington Police officer
at the lobby table cut the cable tie off my weapon and retrieved my magazines. He told me that if I wished to load it before leaving,
go over by the green bucket and do it, which I proceeded to do.Suddenly a booming voice behind me bellows, "Rack that slide and unload that weapon." I still have no idea who in hell he was, but my friend told me he came out of a door behind me when I had my back turned. I think they heard him in Chelsea. "You don't ever load a weapon in here!" I told him that I was doing what the police officer told me to do, and it would be nice
if they all got on the same page with their rules so that I don't end up looking like an a**h***. The other gentleman at the table apologized
profusely to me and told me he would speak to the officer and clear it up.
Funny though, when I arrived at the show, I walked up to the green bucket with my weapon fully loaded and with an extra magazine on me.
As someone on this forum much longer than I once stated, "They can lick the back of my bag."

Back
Top Bottom