showing your carry/own with out "showing"

Ive looked and i'm sorry if this is a repost.
I've seen shirts that actually have the sadow of a gun as a design on the shirt with a slogan on the front.. i carry.. Also i've seen pictures of of people posting pictures of targets on thier front doors. I know its not the smartest thing to do for everyday.. But i live in a crappy neighborhood and i've had a few scares in this building lately. too close to home to IMO.
What if i hung a note on main door stating i'm going to be installing video survallinace cameras, on the back of a old range target? as a note to everyone that cameras are going up.
Do you think its a bad idea to use a old range target? Obviously i have no intention of huring someone. i just think it will let everyone know, relax.. this is a frienly building dont bring your drug banger fight starters into it.

personally i think some people might get their knickers in a twist over that, if you do not own the building i would not risk it. some people might view it as threatening and whatnot, don't call down that kind of drama on yourself if you can avoid it. i'd say by all means put up a note, but not on a target... maybe put up an NRA or other very obvious pro-gun sticker somewhere conspicuous, most people will get the point.

on second though.. used may be overthe top. some NRA advertisement will work just fine with out twisting anyone nickers :)

Any signs, targets, shirts , vests or open carry say "shoot me first, I'm armed".
Stickers, decals etc on a vehicle say "follow me home, rob my house when I'm not there".
Better to be invisible.

Bad idea to advertise. Remember you are trying to avoid confrontation at all costs. Actually using your firearm for self defense will still ruin your life, even if it saves it. If the neighborhood is that bad, make plans to move as soon as you can. Advertising your firearms opens you up to only bad with very little chance of good.

If you want to tick people off or let people know that you're a gun owner, wear an NRA shirt or hat. However there are stories online of how crims follow vehicles with NRA stickers on them and stealing the guns later.

Putting up a sign that says "I have guns; come and take them!" in a Molon Labe sort of way is like saying "don't eat the candy bar" to a little kid. By mentioning it, you're making it worse.

If you want to tick people off or let people know that you're a gun owner, wear an NRA shirt or hat. However there are stories online of how crims follow vehicles with NRA stickers on them and stealing the guns later.

Putting up a sign that says "I have guns; come and take them!" in a Molon Labe sort of way is like saying "don't eat the candy bar" to a little kid. By mentioning it, you're making it worse.
I call bullshit.

one day on NES you hear how criminals love unarmed targets and seek places where everyone will be unarmed. the next day you hear that criminals target gun owners. which is true? likely both.

so really it's up to you. personally for me, there are more potential cons than pros to putting up a sign, etc.
I have an nra and NES sticker on my truck, no robberies yet. I think a " this building uses video surveillance" sign if anything would suffice though

Install camera inside the door in a very conspicuous place. Add a bunch more. Put sign on door stating that the premises is under video surveillance. Video should be stored off-site. Don't advertise that there are guns to be stolen.

JMHO.

the only thing that I have "advertising" anything remotely suggesting gun ownership is a Gadsden Flag (wife hates it) on the house and on the truck. I also have an Itstime2A sticker (not great for outdoors I found) on the rear window as well.

My motorcycle has a Smith and Wesson Logo on the windshield, but you pretty much don't see that unless Im out and about.

I've been given shirts from 7/62, Sig and a really nice one with an AK-47 on the front that reads "if it absolutely, positively MUST be killed, accept no substitutions"

but that's stuff I wear to ranges and maybe the odd gun show.

Security is something I take seriously as a gun owner and as one who conceals. Being that I tend to conceal heavier weapons like a 686 or 4506 (smith and Wesson fanboy here), I really don't want to spark curiosity on the part of those who might be that much more compelled to look.

Stickers, decals etc on a vehicle say "follow me home, rob my house when I'm not there".
Better to be invisible.

To me, they also say "if I piss you off on the road, feel free to call the cops and say I flashed a gun at you, since it's likely I have one in the vehicle and it will be your word against the guy with the guns word"...which unfortunately in this day and age with LEO being more JBT, the guy with the gun would lose. Shitty moonbats and shitty JBT's make for no stickers on my cars or house for that reason.

good points, i was just angry and thinking in haste last night. I've purchased a 4 camera system with all the bells and wistles. I do not plan to post anything up showing what may be inside my appartment. Very good idea to stay under the radar and just notify that there is 24/hr video recording. I really dont want to get people all bent out of shape, i just want to protect what i work so hard for.
Im in the prossess of getting into a house of my own.. this is long and tiresome, so as soon as i can i'll be out of where i'm living.. but for the time being let the video begin!

To me, they also say "if I piss you off on the road, feel free to call the cops and say I flashed a gun at you, since it's likely I have one in the vehicle and it will be your word against the guy with the guns word"...which unfortunately in this day and age with LEO being more JBT, the guy with the gun would lose. Shitty moonbats and shitty JBT's make for no stickers on my cars or house for that reason.

Its amazing how much fear people have of putting a damn sticker on their car for fear of JBT arresting you, or people following you home, etc. Paranoia at its finest.

these?

Open-Carry-TShirt-1.jpg

This is why you should carry a pink gun. That way, when the person with the coexist(not the cool one) bumper sticker says "he flashed a gun at me." You can ask what color it was. Most likely they will say black. [wink]

Personally I wouldn't do it. I want my gun to be a complete surprise to any bad guy. They will only know I have it for a second before it goes BANG!!!

There will be many opinions on this of course. Mine is never advertise that you have fire arms in your home or on your person.

As far as the home......there is NO WAY you can be home 24/7.......if someone wants to steal your guns they'll just wait till you leave the house.

As far as on your person.......I am not a proponent of open carry.....and before I get flamed I mean for me personally.......I believe in any american's right to carry open or concealed.......my opinio is if you are OCing you need to be vigilant ALL THE TIME when in public places........just takes a nano second for some dickhead to grab your gun and run. You may think you are a hero super ninja and all that but lets be real.......doesn't take much for someone to pick pocket your fire arm if they really wanted it. I Conceal carry and don't advertise it......

if you have a house in a shitty neighborhood with thefts, it will be at risk, I am not convinced what kind of sign or sticker you have makes a difference, the easier the target the more likely a crime

Back
Top Bottom