Show your birds and win WINNER PICKED

Yep. I don't make my Resolutions for another month or so... [party]
Yeah figured. Well you make me laugh literally Out loud. Then my wife asks what I'm laughing about and I show her a single picture of a fire extinguisher. So she thinks I'm short bus special anyway.

Ok frying gurus, I need some advice. I tried frying ours for the first time yesterday. Kept frying till the meat thermometer read 165 in the breast. Tried to keep the oil at 350 throughout and cooked for a total of 55 minutes for a 12lb bird. We're did I go wrong? 100% peanut oil. Do you think my oil thermometer might be off?

I've been using Paula Dean's recipe/instructions for close to 15yrs now (back when she was on FoodNetwork)

3min per Pound plus 5min for the bird (41min for your gobbler) and if the temp drops & climbs slow after submerging I may give it 2-3min extra.

Hang in there, you figure it out and develop your own system that works for you

I don't usually beg but: "Please, please, please"... tell me what she said when you showed her this...

View attachment 416710
My wife was fine with it. The breast meat was ok, so it's not like her and the kids starved. The underside meat was actually great. Drumsticks we're toasty though. She knew it was a gamble since it was our first time cooking a turkey and then also the first time frying.

Live and learn. I will change a few things for next time.

Back
Top Bottom