Show your birds and win WINNER PICKED

df8afbccfc01476af9e4f753ae7f98de7080824ef4086488a2a612e123eb073e.png

Hat tip: Instapundit reader Swen Swenson

Some of you guys are lucky having Pre-ban fryers... 🤪
shi
The biggest mistake for “first time fryers” is they just drop the bird in and the oil blows out of the pot. Leading them to shit their pants and burning neighborhoods down.
ya I’ve done quite a few of them it is a little hairy lowering it in there but going slow is key. I have never had a boil over.

Ok frying gurus, I need some advice. I tried frying ours for the first time yesterday. Kept frying till the meat thermometer read 165 in the breast. Tried to keep the oil at 350 throughout and cooked for a total of 55 minutes for a 12lb bird. We're did I go wrong? 100% peanut oil. Do you think my oil thermometer might be off?PXL_20201126_205954807.jpg

I think you left it in to long I usually do 3 mins a lb. even if the breast temp is a little lower cause it will cook a little more once you pull it 158-160 then cover and let it rest

Last edited:
Ok frying gurus, I need some advice. I tried frying ours for the first time yesterday. Kept frying till the meat thermometer read 165 in the breast. Tried to keep the oil at 350 throughout and cooked for a total of 55 minutes for a 12lb bird. We're did I go wrong? 100% peanut oil. Do you think my oil thermometer might be off?View attachment 416004
Look like f**kin Nancy Pelosi.😂😂

@TTA89
I've been hearing a lot about "brining" turkeys. Tell us about it would you?
Thanks,
~Enbloc

This was my first time doing a brine and we all thought the turkey came out great! Hard to describe, but just more flavorful and less dry than normal.. I used this premix brine from Meat Church - Bird Bath Poultry Brine

I also bought a food safe "brine" bag to go into a 5 gallon bucket. I mixed the brine with water in a separate container, rinsed the turkey and pulled the neck and giblet bag out then put it all into the bag/bucket combo. I just let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours and rinsed it thoroughly before seasoning and stuffing. Pretty easy, I will do it again for sure.

turkey.jpg

Ok frying gurus, I need some advice. I tried frying ours for the first time yesterday. Kept frying till the meat thermometer read 165 in the breast. Tried to keep the oil at 350 throughout and cooked for a total of 55 minutes for a 12lb bird. We're did I go wrong? ...View attachment 416004
Damn, dude; that thing is more wrinkled than a concerned Klingon.
intro-1588351750.jpg

This was my first time doing a brine and we all thought the turkey came out great! Hard to describe, but just more flavorful and less dry than normal.. I used this premix brine from Meat Church - Bird Bath Poultry Brine

I also bought a food safe "brine" bag to go into a 5 gallon bucket. I mixed the brine with water in a separate container, rinsed the turkey and pulled the neck and giblet bag out then put it all into the bag/bucket combo. I just let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours and rinsed it thoroughly before seasoning and stuffing. Pretty easy, I will do it again for sure.

View attachment 416154
Thank you! I see brining in my future...

Not brined Klingon though... [rofl2]

There were a ton of great pictures. So many I couldn't choose. Went with random.org. and surprisingly it didn't choose the picture of Christopher Walken. Or the pelosi bird. The winner is @RumRunner . What a great looking bird. PM me with the $20 gift certificate of your choice. As long as I can buy it online. Congrats!
Screenshot_20201127-212721_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom