Show your birds and win WINNER PICKED

Marty McFly

NES Member
I am planning a non traditional Thanksgiving tomorrow. I dont have close family, so my wife and I decided to eat lobster and shrimp and drink all day. So I am happy with that but still would really like to to see your birds all cooked up. Please post below. If you are not eating turkey then post what you are eating. Best pic will get a $20 gift certificate of your choosing as long as I can buy it online. Or a green membership if you want. Just post your pics and ill judge on friday.

Edit some people ate today. If thats you post today. Some people are doing Friday because of the weather. I'll choose at 8pm Friday to give you people a chance. Yes i said you people

Post your pic and certificate of your choosing

Last edited:
I never really got into the whole thanksgiving thing. If turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce is so wonderful why do people only eat it one day a year?
I'll spend the day out on my dirt bike. The environmental cops won't be out and the spandex bicycle tattle tales won't be out so I should have the woods to myself.

I never really got into the whole thanksgiving thing. If turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce is so wonderful why do people only eat it one day a year?
I'll spend the day out on my dirt bike. The environmental cops won't be out and the spandex bicycle tattle tales won't be out so I should have the woods to myself.
Ok well send a pic of you riding.

It used to be about giving thanks for all the blessings of the year. Kids come home from college and family comes from near and far to sit down and have a traditional meal. Most ppl cook turkeys some cook other stuff. I had a great Italian mom who couldn’t eat turkey without manicotties, sausages peppers and onions😂. So u can imagine why these f***in devils want to take this day from us! Happy Thanksgiving to u and yours my friend and eat what u want! 😂👍🏻🇺🇸🍗

Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of the days they go out in force. Everyone thinks they won't be out so they go out.

40 lbs. of home grown bird! (And this was the runt in the flock.) Any other year this might feed my crew as we usually cook two 20lbs.+ This year just my wife and I at home, but we are carving it up and sending all the fixing to our children and grandchildren and mother in-law.

IMG_2639.jpg

Last edited:
40 lbs. of home grown bird! (And this was the runt in the flock.) Any other year this might feed my crew as we usually cook two 20lbs.+ This year my wife and I but we are carving it up and sending all the fixing to our children and grandchildren and mother in-law.

View attachment 415547
That bird looks yummy, and I like the creative roasting pan hack to make that bird fit, but Dude, even when I smoked 4 packs a day, I never kept an ash tray on the stove. That's hardcore 🤣

That bird looks yummy, and I like the creative roasting pan hack to make that bird fit, but Dude, even when I smoked 4 packs a day, I never kept an ash tray on the stove. That's hardcore 🤣

My wife’s the smoker, it’s the additional secret spice!:p

Last edited:
I've smoked 8 turkeys so far this week.

One for us and one for our daughter.

Then they went to a group of friends. One with early onset dementia, another out of work for a while, another to a buddy who's having some difficult family issues, another to a neighbor with a new baby, and another to a friend who helped me out recently.

The final 20 pounder went to our town's first responders. Police, fire and ambulance are all housed in the same building. Dropped off the turkey with all the fixings for sandwiches. My wife made them a big pan of stuffing. And a note saying thank you for all you do.

If I can bring a smile to other folks faces for the cost of a turkey it's a bargain!

And a HUGE thank you to the Big Green Egg. You came though again this year!

This one's My Hen...

1606411236070.png
And oddly, Lori looks alone in a crowd...

Brapp Brapp Lets go..........Me Too

Back
Top Bottom