• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show your AR builds.

H O D G E ! ! !
you win.

Ha, thanks. But it’s literally just the Hodge stripped upper. I got it so I could use the anti-rotation pin on the Triarc handguard. The handguard is the same wedgelock, but not to Hodge’s specs. It’s 6061 aluminum instead of 7075, but with mlok slots all around and with steel QD ports. I’d certainly like a complete Hodge upper, but that’s not in the cards ;)

For a stripped upper though, fit and finish is fantastic. And the barrel extension fit required some heat and the snug fit is great. I also like the subtle clover:
4EDA9F9D-F479-44E9-A961-9C2AACAF177E.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha, thanks. But it’s literally just the Hodge stripped upper. I got it so I could use the anti-rotation pin on the Triarc handguard. The handguard is the same wedgelock, but not to Hodge’s specs. It’s 6061 aluminum instead of 7075, but with mlok slots all around and with steel QD ports. I’d certainly like a complete Hodge upper, but that’s not in the cards ;)

For a stripped upper though, fit and finish is fantastic. And the barrel extension fit required some heat and the snug fit is great. I also like the subtle clover:
View attachment 358783

$360 for the Hodge Defense upper and lower receiver set (??)

I note their slogan:

If you get it..
YOU GET IT.

I don't get it.

$360 for the Hodge Defense upper and lower receiver set (??)

I note their slogan:

If you get it..
YOU GET IT.

I don't get it.

Overall, they are overpriced. But they do build high quality ARs. Some of their receivers are 2099 aluminum, and their general fit and finish is great. High standard of quality control. Their barrels are also very precise for being chrome lined and have some shallow fluting in the chamber to increase reliability in extraction. But the barrels are made by FN. In fact, I don’t think they make anything in house, but custom spec their parts externally from a variety of companies.

Personally, I got one of their stripped uppers because it has a hole above the gas tube hole, to fit an alignment/anti-rotation pin on the handguard. I think Noveske and V-Seven uppers also have that hole, but they’re no cheaper.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a build since the upper came assembled from one company but here it is anyway.

- Preban Colt Sporter HBAR Match lower (sear block stud removed).
- Larue Ultimate Upper Kit - 16" Stealth mid-weight profile bbl, 13" Mlok handguard, Tranquilo muzzle brake.
- Larue lower parts kit.
- Geissele SSA-E trigger (large pin).
- Larue RAT stock and pistol grip.
- Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x, mil-dot reticle (red) on Larue C.A.N. QD mount.
- Harris bipod on Larue QD mount
- Magpul MBUS sights.
- KNS quick release pivot pin (to replace the 2-piece screw together pin that came on the HBAR).

_DSC2008.jpg
_DSC2011.jpg

For bragging rights: I shot a .8" 4 shot group at 100 with American Eagle and a 2.02" 5 shot group ar 200 with Sellier and Bellot garbage ammo And a barrel that was slowly heating up. I'm sure with a Geissele trigger and SIG or Hornady match, I could shrink those.
It recoils like a stout 5.56 load, which means that brake works like a Thai hooker. Those groups were off a bench, bipod, no rear bag (shoulder only). A better shot (and the Internet is choc full of those) could probably get sub half minute.

My new current build. Still waiting on some parts. Goal is Ultra light build (<5lbs with out optic).

Key Components are:
UpperODIN Works Billet upper FDE
LowerAero Precision Lower FDE
TriggerVelocity Classic Drop-In AR Trigger
BarrelFaxon Firearms .223 Wylde Pencil Rifle Barrel 14.5"
Gas blockSuperlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block
BoltRubber City Armory (RCA) Titanium BCG
JP Silent Captured Spring for AR-15 - Gen 2
Odin Works O2 Lite M-LOK Rail System FDE 12.5"
Raptor -LT Ambidextrous charging handle (FDE)

20200709_110023.jpg Inked20200709_110142_LI.jpg 20200709_110058.jpg

My general purpose carbine now has a little buddy to handle home defense and any potential time when I need to protect my family, but also need maneuverability a little barrier blindness.

It was a completely fate-driven build. I received an 8” URX 4 when I ordered a 10.75”. Then a 9” Faxon 300blk barrel got in stock and on sale. I still need to get a sling for it. Either going to go back to my trust VTAC or try out an Ed Sherman. Also, I may swap the Holosun 509 out for something with a bigger window, but it works decently for now.

The 10.75” URX 4 along with a 12.5” Criterion barrel will be replacing my 14” BRT/Triarc handguard for my general purpose carbine role.

402D7435-7AFF-4EE8-AA83-1D5FC978501B.jpeg
C51147C7-6DA4-486A-8221-AF57912EB317.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom