Show your AR builds.

frenchman

NES Member
Post pics of your builds.
Rule: it has to be an actual build, not a factory rifle that you've acessorized.
Post a parts list if you can, to help fellow NESers spend money.
I'll start:
BCM: bolt carrier group, grip and MOD1 stock assembly
Geissele: MK8 13" rail, Super Dynamic Combat trigger, gas block, Airborne charging handle, 42 spring, 30mm Super Precision mount.
Barrel is a Ballistic Advantage performance series 14.5" with a YHM extended birdcage to keep it NFA compliant.
Receivers are mil spec from McPherson's, LPK is from WMD.
Scope is a Vortex Viper gen II 1-6 mil/mil.image.jpeg

From one of my (very old) previous threads, Beatrice. She went through a few changes. She was my first (and last) rifle that I'd consider a range toy, which became unacceptable to me, because it goes against my personal philosophy (EVERY rifle is a SHTF rifle, or I don't want it). So, the OMNI poly lower was replaced with an Aero one, and the Ergo F93 stock made way to a BCM mod 0, just to keep the same manual of arms on all my AR 15s.
Aero lower with AWS lower parts kit, JP spring kit and trigger job. Green Mountain 18" heavy barrel with AAC mini brake. toolcraft BCG, AIMPOINT COMP M4s. YHM handguard.image.jpeg

Here's one of my most recent builds

-80% Arms lower milled by me
-CMMG LPK
-A2 grip for now
-Aero buffer/tube
-CAA CBS stock with cheek riser
-Mil-Spec Upper w/ NES dust cover
-BCM Gunfighter Charging handle
-Daniel Defense BCG
-Green Mountain GM-M20 barrel, 20" stainless .223 Wylde
-Odin Works Adj. Gas block
-Lantac Dragon brake
-ALG EMR v2
-Nikon Prostaff on a Burris P.E.P.R. mount
IMG_20200419_165857.jpg

Matched Stripped Upper & Lower. Spikes Tactical.
TriggerTech Competitive AR Trigger group 2-stage 3.5lbs
Criterion Barrels .223 Wylde 16" Hybrid Profile Mid Length Nitride
Battle Arms Development Lightweight Titanium Gas Block .750" - Black DLC
Aero Precision Melonite Gas Tubes
A*B Arms Bolt Carrier Group
Daniel Defense Collapsible Buttstock
Strike Industries AR Enhanced Castle Nut and Extended End Plate (not installed yet)
Aero Precision Enhanced AR15 Carbine Buffer Tube Kit (H1 buffer wt)
SEEKINS PRECISION NOXS M-LOK RAIL SYSTEM Handguard 15"
VG6 Precision Gamma 556 High Performance Muzzle Brake
Strike Industries Billet Ultimate AR-15 Dust Cover - Black
Raptor -LT Ambidextrous charging handle
Seekins Precision Enhanced AR15 lower parts kit
Ergo Tactical deluxe grip
JP MicroFit™ Takedown Pin Set (oversized .249")
KNS Precision .154 Non-Rotating Trigger & Hammer Pins Gen ST (Spike's Tactical)
Odin Works XMR 3 Extended Magazine Release

1st.jpg2nd.jpg3rd.jpg4th.jpg5th.jpg

top is what started life as a stag-15, my first ever black rifle. the only thing stag still on it is the barrel, upper & lower. i just experimented with it so now i have the worlds most expensive ar15. original investment for the rifle at collectors...ready to weep...$629. now priceless.

stag15 (2).jpg

this bottom photo is my 80% build. you've seen it before here. i didn't want to spend too much so i skinflinted through this build. works like a champ. i'm kinda lazy with the photography, i suck at it. if i get ambitious i'll throw up more.

80%redone (3).jpg

20200516_144132.jpg

Second build...
Green Mountain barrel, 1-7
Annoyingly loud muzzle brake
Spikes bcg
Midwest 15" handguard
Aimpoint PRO
Olight light
Magpul sling
A2 stock
Timney trigger ~3.5lbs
Houge grip, keep meaning to throw the original grip back on

Eta- I know for sure the barrel is 16" so I'm thinking the handguard is prob 12" not 15". It was a while ago and I'm too lazy to measure

Last edited:
AR 10 .308 build based on a DPMS stripped upper and lower. Magpul PRS stock, Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger. DPMS LRT SASS barrel, PWC .308 Compensator, Troy Quad Rail, CMMG parts kit, JP Industries buffer and spring, DPMS Bolt Carrier, Bravo Company pistol grip, BCM Charging Handle, Troy rail covers, Trijicon 3-9x Accupoint mildot scope on Leupold mount. Harris bipod

F070E05E-8DA6-4737-BD56-057D58CCEA7E.jpeg76B43AF7-98D4-4904-B12C-7F335AFFF2DD.jpeg

Last edited:
-Pre ban colt sp1 lower
-Aero precision stripped upper
-Tool craft nickel boron Bcg
-Ballistic advantage hanson profile mid length 16” barrel
-Aero LPK
-Geissele ssa-e trigger
-Geissele MK4 handgaurd in DDC
-Bcm grip
-B5 systems enhanced stock coyote brown
-radian raptor charging handle
-streamlight protac hlx
-eotech exps2-051310224-CD4A-4F45-AEE4-E3B29E0515A8.jpeg

Love them all. I'll probably have my AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor by next week. I'm all exited bout it. Wanted a Nightforce glass since 20 years, and finally got one. Pictures coming soon.

Love them all. I'll probably have my AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor by next week. I'm all exited bout it. Wanted a Nightforce glass since 20 years, and finally got one. Pictures coming soon.
I was on the fence for building a AR10, ultimately ended up building a FAL and CETME-C. Look forward to seeing it.

Just a hint for anyone building AR Lower/uppers. Best thing i bought for my Spikes upper/lower was a set of JP precision take-down and pivot pins. They were not cheap like $30 shipped but wow. The spec on the pivot and take down holes are .250" My stock Spike pins were measured to be .2465" to .2470" My Seekins ones that came in my lower kit were .2470-.2475". All measure with my Mitutoyo calipers. With both sets of pins there was annoying play between upper and lower.

The JP Precision over-sized pins both measured exactly .2490" It eliminated 100% of any wiggle or slop between the upper and lower, Anyone with OCD like me it is worth the cost, LOL! Plus it is an actual fix unlike o-ring trick or the stupid rubber things you put in your lower.

top is what started life as a stag-15, my first ever black rifle. the only thing stag still on it is the barrel, upper & lower. i just experimented with it so now i have the worlds most expensive ar15. original investment for the rifle at collectors...ready to weep...$629. now priceless.

View attachment 357654

this bottom photo is my 80% build. you've seen it before here. i didn't want to spend too much so i skinflinted through this build. works like a champ. i'm kinda lazy with the photography, i suck at it. if i get ambitious i'll throw up more.

View attachment 357658
Is that an 80% plastic lower on the bottom? If so how has it held up?

Back
Top Bottom