• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show us your mosin

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
One is just not enough and still looking for more.[smile]

Attachments

• MOSIN FAMILY.jpg
    MOSIN FAMILY.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 95
I've got 11. 2 M44s, a Type 53, an M38, an M91/59, 3 91/30s, a 91/30 PU repro, a Finn M91, and a Finn M39. Pics are somewhere around here.

Unless I find one of the earlier Finns (27 or 24) I think I'm all set on Mosins.

Here is a few pics of mine.

The Polish m44.

101_0122.jpg

The 1944 m44.

101_0007-1.jpg

And the finn 91/30.

101_0088.jpg

I need a bunch more, but I do have 2 91/30s coming from the group buy and I will be getting a finn m27 in the next few weeks.

I need a bunch more, but I do have 2 91/30s coming from the group buy and I will be getting a finn m27 in the next few weeks.

Not if I get it first [devil]

J/K, I barely have enough money to finance my current AR spending binge.

A couple of Sako M39s:

100_0609.jpg

Yeah I know.. I should have ironed the Finn flag. [rolleyes]

A VKT M39:

100_0752.jpg

That one is still for sale in the Classifieds here folks.[wink]

Tula 91/30 Finn capture:

100_0588.jpg

A family photo while they're mingling with others:

UpperRight.jpg

Starting from the right... 91/59, M38, skip a few rifles then start the Finns... a few M91s including a mint all matching 1895 Sestroryetsk, a few standard 91/30s, an East German marked one thats my best shooter and on one of the pages of the NES calendar. Center rack starts right to left- 44' Izzy laminated stock, unissued 53' Polish, 44' Tula, and 43' Izzy.

Better shot of the 43' Izzy and 44' Tula. Both showed up the same day.[smile]

newMosins.jpg

And the calendar shot of my 91/30 1923 Ex Dragoon Izzy with a 1 in triangle East German stamp. Very collectable, only cost $100 at a Holbrook show, and shoots best out of all my 91/30s.

Mosin1.jpg

I'll take some better pictures when I'm home on the weekend. Being at college away from my M44 is no fun...

Since you're so close to where I live, you can give me one of your Mosins to make room for your next one.

A VKT M39:

100_0752.jpg

That one is still for sale in the Classifieds here folks.[wink]

I talked to my brother about buying it again but he still doesnt want to drive that far [angry].

Also what is all this talk I am always hearing about a NES calender?

Since you're so close to where I live, you can give me one of your Mosins to make room for your next one.

No way but when I get my m27 in 2 or 3 weeks you can shoot it.

Also what is all this talk I am always hearing about a NES calender?

Last year NES Member Blindndead (Rob) mentioned printing a calendar if I sent him some of my pictures. I snapped away and sent them to him in PMs through the forum.

He and his girlfriend Poisonposey printed up the calendars at their job for free and showed up at the Mansfield surplus shoot with a box full of them for everyone.

My avatar is on the cover and the Mosin in the snow pic is on the December page.
The October page is a shot Brent took at the first Pumpkin shoot in Middleboro. Great picture with pumpkins all over the berms just before the slaying began. [devil]
Should get everybody psyched for the Pumpkin shoots when they flip the page to next month.[grin]

Last edited:
Got it yesterday!
'43 M91/30
This is my first rifle bought with my C&R. (I'm mostly a handgun guy.)

So now, things I must learn:

1)Checking the FP protrusion (tool came with accessories).
2)Headspacing?
3)Which number to write in on the C&R log book, and the FA-10. The 10-digit # etched on the left side of the receiver by the importer, or the 4-digit # stamped multiple places by the manufacturer?
4)Where to find stipper clips.

I'm going to search around Surplusrifles.com for some info. But I'm sure you guys can answer any further questions I have. Pictures suck, I know.
mosin002.jpg

mosin003.jpg

Hey, nice score! That's a great looking rifle.

For basic instructions, including checking the firing pin, surplusrifle.com can't be beat. For headspacing, you need to find someone with a gauge, or buy one. Usually, rimmed cartridge rifles are not as susceptible to problems as rimless, but it's still a good idea to check.

Use the number etched in by the importer for the log book and FA-10. This became an issue way back when because many foreign manufacturers repeated serial numbers (producing batches of 10,000 for example, then starting again at number one), so there was the chance that a distinct, single number could not be used for identification. That's why the importer was required to "create" a new, unique number and label the firearm.

Stripper clips can usually be found at: e-gunparts.com, sarcoinc.com, or ssporters.com

Good luck with that bad boy!

Use the number etched in by the importer for the log book and FA-10. This became an issue way back when because many foreign manufacturers repeated serial numbers (producing batches of 10,000 for example, then starting again at number one), so there was the chance that a distinct, single number could not be used for identification. That's why the importer was required to "create" a new, unique number and label the firearm.

OK that's what I figured. Similar case with Lugers and the 4-digit serial numbers followed by a letter suffix. I almost made that mistake with a WWII byf!

I can't wait to shoot this pretty bitch once I have everything checked and squared away. And yes, I'll be sporting the welder's mask and mechanic's gloves for the first few rounds!

I can't wait to shoot this pretty bitch once I have everything checked and squared away. And yes, I'll be sporting the welder's mask and mechanic's gloves for the first few rounds!

Now that would make a great picture! The 54R is addictive, this year alone I have shot over 4400 rounds!

As Jwilson said at the last car shoot to someone, "don't buy a gun from this guy, he shoots them like a SOB" [smile]

That is not true on all my guns BTW, there are a lucky few that I spare barrel life..[rofl]

That is not true on all my guns BTW, there are a lucky few that I spare barrel life..[rofl]

i think its safe to say without a doubt that you and myself have shot more 7.62x54r this year together then the rest of NES combined.
my mosin is so beat to hell its great, i should go use it as a baseball bat to add some more character to the stock. it would look great and match well with my now green colored hand guards.

The Czars crest ones are the best.[smile]

Attachments

• mosin text.jpg
    mosin text.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom