• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show us your Gerber MK II and MK I knives.

Kilroy

NES Member
GERBER MkII 70th Anniversary Limited Edition knife.
1980s Gerber MK 1 boot knife.
Also for comparision a 1979 mfg British Sheffield Fairbairn Sykes commando knife.

Attachments

• oooo44.jpg
    oooo44.jpg
    883.5 KB · Views: 25
  • pppp8.jpg
    pppp8.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 25
  • iii55.jpg
    iii55.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
I have an early-80's Gerber Mark II, with original leather sheath with web-belt mount. Unmolested and loved...

Sorry, I no longer do my own photos, but this is the model and condition.
1639280902246.png

FREn1Fh.jpg

Since that picture was taken, I have completed the display box. Lined it with red velvet... I removed a couple of the newer knives like the camo guardian and moved in a couple of 1960's vintage mk IIs I was planning on selling but I like FF'ing this stuff too much...

I lusted for the Mk II after seeing the in Soldier of Fortune as a kid... after the addition of the saw edges, Gerbers are wall hangers... the saw teeth destroy the knifes ability to do what it was originally designed to do...

those orange handled dive knives are slick... I remember seeing one in Hermans sporting goods... they have appreciated a bit since then...

I remember these being popular in the PX in the early 90's. I never got the MK2, but I did get the MK1. I never really liked it, though. It wound up being the knife I would keep next to my cot to cut my way out of the tent in case of fire.
I wound up giving it to my niece when she joined the Air Force.

Yeah, the Mark II is an impressively purpose-built knife. Not a survival knife, not a bush knife. Pure killer...

Back
Top Bottom