show this weekend?

Concord is a good show, overall. It gets a little cramped inside at times, because they pack of a lot of tables in there.

-Mike

Last edited:
Concord

$499 for a Norinco SKS....I think they're pumping something in thru the ventilation system of the rink because most of the dealers there today were HIGH- as in "High As A Kite". Don't think I'll be wasting my $8 OR my saturday morning again at the Concord show. I can get robbed just as easily in my own neighborhood and save a half tank of gas.

Last edited:
$499 for a Norinco SKS....I think they're pumping something in thru the ventilation system of the rink because most of the dealers there today were HIGH- as in "High As A Kite". Don't think I'll be wasting my $8 OR my saturday morning again at the Concord show. I can get robbed just as easily in my own neighborhood and save a half tank of gas.

That's usually common for the MA dealers that for whatever reason expect to get MA prices in NH and ME. That $1000 gun in MA can easily only be a $600 gun north of that border.

Gun prices on used crap are always high at shows. There are two or three dealers at every gun show (whether its MA or NH) that have reasonable gun prices, the rest are all way over.

-Mike

I went and can honestly say I think the prices are coming down.The crowds were less than usual (I was there 10 to noon).

I saw 2 cz52s this time with a price of $225 on them. the last show did not have any under $275.
I also saw an unissued Yugo SKS for $349. Now I know that is high, but it is also what you would pay today (with shipping) from some of those dealers who we can't mention.
I also saw other very nice Yugos for $250. I agree some of the Norinco's were high. but I also saw some at $295. It's not a killer deal but cant say it wasn't reasonable
I saw a Russian SKS for $250. The stock had a couple nicks in it and there seemed to be a slight fog on the metal around the Tula mark. I have never seen a russian that cheap there in any condition. I am looking for something much nicer so I passed.
I have also had luck there dealing with some of them, it seems some of them will deal better there than with their regulars back home. I have usually gotten at least $25 bucks off depending on the cost of the gun.

It also kills me the difference in pricing you can see table to table. One guy had a tin of 7.62X54 for $100. A table over someone wanted $140. I also saw similar pricing differences with SKS, Wasrs etc......Don't you dealers look around when you get there?

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder about NH prices . . . if MA has worn off on them . . .

I was in Riley's and here are some examples I'd expect to see in MA and NOT in NH!

- H&K USP .45c - $937!
- H&K USP .40c - $8XX!
- P22 for $450ish!

At the Concord show:

- Mosins for $169
- American Eagle .38Spl 130gr FM @ $275/1K
- Primers from $25 to $35/K

I was at the show from 10:30 to ~2PM. It wasn't crowded at all and I couldn't smell Greg there. [wink]

I did get a chance to meet and talk with Evan Nappen, Esq. who wrote a 370pg book on NH gun laws (saw the book at Riley's)! [shocked] I asked Evan if he was competing with Ron Gladden [smile] for the size of the book! I thought NH gun laws fit in 2 pages.

Problem with shows close with MA dealers is they have a higher amount into their stuff so to make a fair profit, they need to keep their prices at their MA price levels. Quite the opposite with ME and probably NH dealers. Once they cross that green bridge, prices can be raised and still be a deal. Just the area economics.
Those HK prices are high! But, from past exp at Riley's, it's par for the course.
Looks like I'll hit Concord first thing Sun AM though before heading to Canobie Lake with my son. Hoping there's some Ruger "stuff' there someplace I need.

I went to the show this AM from about 10:30 until 12:30 with my wife and daughter. There was a good crowd when we arrived but it thinned out by the time we left. I felt that the prices were on the high side- close to MA prices. I spent my gun money last week buying a Colt Trooper from an NES member so I had to settle for heavy looking! I did pick up some ammo for a good price which more than covered the ticket price. Gun shows in this area are few and far between so the ones we do have should get some support. For me, it's an opportunity to check out a lot of guns for a lot less then the price of a movie. It was worth the trip fom Boston.

Prices seemed high on most stuff. The good news is that primers and ammo seemed more abundant. I picked up some 380 ammo for $12.99 a box. It was PRU or something like that but it is reloadeable. I did get a realy good deal on an FEG Hungarian AK. It is a single stack but the gun was absolutely like new. I doubt the guy who owned it put a mag full through it. One of the mags was still in its original packing. I didn't need another AK but, at $250, I couldn't pass it up. It turns out that these are very good AKs and easy to convert.[grin]

Blaming Massachsetts for high prices in New Hampshire....hmmmm...reminds me of a certain president...

A lot of dealers at this show are from MA. Some have 2 FFLs (MA and NH) or partner with a NH dealer for the show (due to FFL rules about selling at gun shows). A lot of show customers are from MA . . . I usually run into at least 6 people that I know (member) from Braintree R&P and some other clubs in Eastern MA.

New Hampshire is a completely different world than Massachusetts. NH prices should be NH prices. The only reason they are as high as they are is because they watch MA gouge and figure they can get a piece of that pie.

Someone remind me

what state was it that had a large sign in front of a ballpark that blamed the surrounding states for its high crime rate. I remember now, it was Massachuesettes blaming Maine, NH and, Vermont. Lets just say we owed you one.[smile]

I saw those CZ-52s also. I was this close to picking up the one at the far end of the show, but talked myself out of it. Getting enough of that Tok ammo at a decent price can be a pain in my a$$. I picked up some ammo (30 carbine, 8mm mauser, and 9mm Mak) at really good prices, but I picked up a few magazines that made the trip worthwhile. I finally found a Stevens/Savage mag for a bolt action 30-30 made in 1948 (Stevens 325).

On the way home though, I stopped by and said hi to Carl at Four Seasons. I picked up a case of 9mm WWB for $10.99/box. That was cheaper than anything I saw in Concord.

Last edited:
Problem with shows close with MA dealers is they have a higher amount into their stuff so to make a fair profit, they need to keep their prices at their MA price levels. Quite the opposite with ME and probably NH dealers. Once they cross that green bridge, prices can be raised and still be a deal. Just the area economics.

This isn't an MA or NH thing. It's a GUN SHOW thing. And at every gun show there are are dealers which believe in PT Barnum's quotation about suckers very seriously, it's that simple.

I've never been to a gun show in any state where some portion of the dealers didn't have stupidly high prices. They're either hoping to capture suckers or they are expecting people to try to negotiate downward on the price, so they figure if they start high the person will negotiate them down into market value territory.

Most of the dealers at Concord are NH dealers, and there are at least 2 or 3 with decent prices. The guys with the tons of used stuff though, typically trend to being overpriced.

-Mike

Went mid morning and except for seeing my brother and talking with Al from Competitor, it was a waste of time. WAYYY too many tables of junk knives and the low quality garbage. Tables of nothing but holsters... I saw maybe 6 guns that caught my interest. Breezed through fast there was so little there. Prices I did see were reasonable on guns I expected them to be high on (Ruger #1's) but high on others. C'mon folks, adding a $90 stock to a $200 10/22 doesn't make it a $500 gun. Saw that a few times. Doubtful I'll go next time. In talking with my brother, it had been relatively low in attendance.

I don't even bother going to the shows anymore. If I want to gun browse, I hit Riley's, Manchester Firing Line, or Place in the Woods and look around. I'm tired of wasting $8 to get in and look at the gun show dealer's inflated prices.

Back
Top Bottom